Saturday 5 July 2014

I don't believe in bottoms on blogs

During the night Huffle and I were kept awake by a very loud party going on over the road (not sure which house) but we are sure they had a pool as we heard splashing. At some point we heard shouts from other houses to shut up but that just seemed to make the party louder. Because of this we managed to sleep in until 8:50am. Wahooooooo.

We had a very slow easy morning. The boys played with their Pokemon cards and Moo and I researched what we could do while the boys were watching the Wrestling tomorrow. We have decided we are going to tour the Toronto Islands.

A couple of flowers from our garden. Smallest blowing his vuvuzela and Small sitting on the broken tractor mower (to be picked up and mended on Tuesday).

Huffle skyped Grandma and Grandad and we heard about their trip here in September. Smallest built one of his Lego Mixels. The boys had a quick lunch and then we all got ready to go out. We dropped the kids off at a party for Small's friend Mac (Smallest was also invited). The party started at 1pm and went on until 5pm (with on time pickup optional as the Mum had some late stayers). They were left with plenty of sun cream on, swimming wear (as it was a water party), water squirters and hats.

Huffle, Moo and I drove off to Uxbridge where we had a lovely meal and we sat outside though it was very hot. The waitress (not ours) passed us and said "you haven't got your kids with you today!" "It's very quiet". Yes we had noticed. Huffle had Beef Panini and Carrot and Cumin soup (yes on a hot day!), Moo had a Samosa (but not like the samosas we had back in England, this was a lovely pastry, not fried) and I had a ravioli. It was beautiful.

I read Huffle's mind and knew he would want to go for ice cram next so we let him take us. Once in there, when we saw all the lovely flavours, we persuaded ourselves we wanted a two scooper (now Grandad has had a three scooper before but normally one is plenty). Well it was huge. We all had Lemon Cream which was amazing and I had CaramelLatte, Huffle had Raspberry Sorbet and Moo had Pistachio. We walked to the gardens to sit in the shade and try to eat it before it melted everywhere. We walked a bit but ran out of park. I couldn't eat all of mine (eyes bigger than my belly though to be honest I'm sure she packed an extra scoop in mine).

Huffle wanted to go to look at the Charity Shop so we went with him. Nothing for us but he did buy two dead men's shirts (as he calls them). A Christian Dior and a Columbia for just $5.

Johns Garden was next on our trip where we wandered around the garden centre amid a forest of trees. Lovely setting but nothing we wanted ( though we have our eye on a few things if they go into the sale Autumn time).

Back home we went by the pool. So peaceful and quiet without the water mosquitoes (kids). We had about an hour before Huffle had to pick them up from their party. They were wet and exhausted looking. Smallest went straight into the shower and Small hosed the grass off himself and jumped in the pool.

A turkey vulture. Sunshine through the trees. Moo and Smallest reading. Small popping up from his Performing Seal Routine.

I am not wearing a scarf in the pool, it is a noodle that keeps my head upright when I nod off! Moo reading, Small back from his party and then doing a lovely tuck roll.

Huffle drinking his tea in the pool, tut tut. The lady of the pool.

Me. Me and Moo. A squashed nosed Huffle.

Moo and I finished our scrabble game (I wonder who won, I wish I could tell you but she won't let me again). Hot, tired and needing food, Huffle came in and made some scones and the boys played on the IPads after writing in their journals.

Huffle, moo and I sat on the porch and ate our sandwiches watching the garden and the naughty squirrels and chipmunks. The boys went to bed and we played cards and ate the lovely scones. Yum yum.

Huffle has been reading the Telegraph and found an article about working from home. These are our two favourite work pods. Grandad can you build us one?

I saw this video the other day about American Independance Day. I found it very funny, sorry my American racers, I don't want to offend (too much).

 

 

 

No comments: