Tuesday 22 July 2014

Moo's last day

Phew it was a warm night and when we got up it was even warmer. The sun room hit 30* before 9am and the outside temperature got to 31*. We put up a thermometer next to the pool as it gets very hot up there (a sun trap definitely) and it reached 50*, however that might be because it is direct sunlight at times and it is on the dark brown wood barn which obviously heats up very quickly. I need to move it! (The thermometer, not the barn).

I helped Moo pack her suitcase in the morning and then we went up to the pool.

The boys way of helping: Smallest putting his Pokemon cards in his book and Small playing with a slinky down the stairs.

The boys and I swam a bit and we all read. Moo and I picked vegetables from our garden (a plentiful harvest today) and we had a lovely pesto pasta with steamed veg. Yum yum. Huffle joined us as he was working from home.

More reading, a bit more pool and then we got on our bikes and rode to swimming lessons.

Huffle going for a ten second handstand challenge as set by small

Smallest was joined by a boy from school (Grade 4) and Small was on his own and was doing endurance, diving and CPR.

Half an hour later and we rode to the park where we played football with Smallest's friend Malcolm, while we waited for the library to open. Smallest picked up a prize for the reading programme he is doing and won a voucher for $10 for a book shop and then Small won the same prize for this week. Clever boys. Not that it's a big chore for them to read, they love it.

We rode home and we all had an ice cream under the shade of the porch. Moo finished packing while we went in the pool to cool off.

At 4:30, everyone said their goodbyes and hugged and then Moo and I left of the airport. The traffic the other was horrendous but we got there in plenty of time so we parked and went in for coffee aft Moo had checked in and left her bags. There was only one place to have coffee and we sat at the front on high bar stools drinking coffee, chatting, people watching and eating my banana bread I made this morning. A man came up and asked "do you have draught beer?". WE DONT WORK HERE! Oh Sorry. Then another man came up and said "how much for the hot dog". Before we could away anything he said "oh sorry" and moved away. Then while we were in the middle of a conversation, a woman came up and said "excuse me can you tell me where the Air Transat Departures are?". I told her the way but then said we didn't work here. Oh sorry she said! Funny!

I left Moo at the Gate when it was quite empty but by the time we had said our goodbyes, it was chocca block full. Never mind, she went through quickly enough. She didn't know I waited till she was through because there were so many people.

My journey home was slow but I still did it in about an hour. The boys were still up when I got home. Small way was very upset and in tears when I spoke to him about Moo leaving. Bless him he is such a lovable sensitive thing. I said we would try to Skype her tomorrow. He normally doesn't bother as he says he sees everyone on Skype.

I put a photo of Moo leaving on Facebook and one of my ex-pat friends (supply teacher) saw it. Her mum and dad were on the same flight going home too. Did you see them Moo?

Bye bye Moo it was a lovely visit - see you in four and a half months.

 

1 comment:

Wonder Woman said...

Bye Moo! That has gone so quickly. Love reading about her visits xx