Tuesday 8 July 2014

Quick, change your blood type!

Huffle worked from home and waited for the mower man to collect the tractor. Moo stayed at home and looked after the boys and I went off to work at the Garden Centre. The boys behaved impeccably and had had a shower. The mower man turned up and Moo, Huffle and MrMower had to push the tractor up a ramp (and that's hard as it doesn't move easily). It needs two inner tubes due to punctures, a transmission belt (that will make it move forwards and backwards), a carburettor clean and a general maintenance. This will take at least a week - boy that grass is getting long, though we wouldn't be able to mow it at the moment as it has been too wet.

I did some weeding and Jan and I mulched and added more plants. At coffee time we had lemon squares and a decadent peanut butter chocolate square (just to try). We also made arrangements to go to The Royal York tomorrow. I have managed to arrange for Smallest to play at his friends house for the morning and for Small to play at his friends for part of tomorrow and Huffle is staying at home to work for when they come home. This is so that I can take Moo with me to The Royal York. This may be the last opportunity as MrsM is not happy with the way it is all going there. That would be a shame.

Today I learnt that mosquitoes love to bite people who have 'O' blood type. Hey, guess what? I am 'O' Negative. So basically that means I can live here as long as I like and I will never become immune to Mossie bites......and that goes for any country, luckily Canada doesn't have a huge risk of Malaria or other diseases, except West Nile disease which is nasty. I have started to take Vitamin B1 as I am told that that will help. I have to say that although I have been bitten by many this year already, I haven't reacted quite so bad as last year so far. I came home with a boot full of woodchips, a jar of honey, a lovely little Epimedium and a rain measurer and was greeted by this sight........


How wonderful (my little bookworm family).

It started to rain and thunder. Smallest and Moo put the rain gauge in place. We all had lunch together and then Moo, me and the boys went out. We bought a couple of things for the kids and some food. While we were out we got stuck in the rain several times running from shop to the car and from the car to another shop. We got quite wet.

 

Our library in the Hamlet is only open three times a week and only for short periods so we took our books back and got some new ones before it closed and came home. Huffle said it had rained really heavily while we were away and we checked the guage - 20cm's. Wow! In one go! No need to water the veggies tonight then!

Once home, dinner was started. It was a mad rush as we were quite late. We had homemade fishcakes (Moo had cheesey potato cakes) with rice and freshly moo-picked veg from the garden, yum yum. I didn't post a photo of the Blueberry Loaf we made yesterday. That was good too.

I have posted the recipe on my other blog (click here to take you there).

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: