Monday 11 August 2014

FOUR TWO*

Phew it was a hot night last night making it difficult to sleep through. Huffle went off to work which he found difficult after a lovely week off.

The boys and I went food shopping this morning and to get new backpacks, pens, lunch bags etc., for school. They went off looking at the games while I did the boring bit and then they helped me to unload, fill the car etc and then unpack and put away once we were home. What good boys they are.

I managed to Skype Moo today and we had a good catch up regarding holiday etc. Today the Suffolk's came for a late lunch and an afternoon play. Suffolk and I had sewing to do for our $10 quilt course and she is away on holiday when it needs to be finished. After lunch the kids played on the trampoline and in the basement with games and then they all went in the pool, while Suffolk and I sewed and sewed. She got hers done but I still need to finish, hopefully I know what I am doing.

Now we are back in our own garden, it seems the mosquitoes have been starving themselves and awaiting my return. On one arm alone I have 20 bites and the other is pretty bad. Unfortunately we took the wrong vitamins away with us (I have been taking B1 to help ward them away). Bloody things.

I did manage to put a Roast chicken in the oven so we didn't have dinner too late. We had next doors carrots (lovely) our runner beans, French beans and peas and Brocolli (yum). It started to get really sticky and muggy when Huffle came home. He hopped on the mower and cut the grass as the weather forecast is not too good for the next few days.

* in the car we had a discussion about something and Small made a reference to a film called four two. I couldn't remember what the film was so he was telling me about it. After much chatting and descriptions he said it was about a superhero with a hammer. It was at this point that I realised he was saying Thor 2. Because his two teeth fell out at the sides he now has trouble saying 'th'. It was very funny, we were making him say all sorts of things beginning with 'th'. He can do it now after much practice. Poor Bear.

2 comments:

AA said...

Do you remember me telling you about not understanding my Irish friend when she was talking about Tor Too?

xx

famfa said...

I'm sure it was just as funny. She calls him tor, small calls him four and you call him phwoooar xxxx