Tuesday 19 August 2014

What are the Firemen doing?*

We picked this lavender last night. It has probably gone over really but it smells lovely. I am hoping it has a calming effect on everyone.

I asked the boys what they wanted to do today and they said "nothing, just stay here and go in the pool". So I watched half of 'the village', which I am really enjoying, whilst eating my breakfast. The boys practised their writing and piano, read, did a chore each for me (Small's was vacuuming the pool) and then we went up to the pool. Huffle was working from home today so we saw him every now and then when he came out of his 'office'.

Smallest went in the pool with the intention of sponging the walls but it was only 18*C and he couldn't stay in for long enough. Small read and I started painting one of the wooden chairs in Hawthorn Yellow. Nice. Smallest thought it was white and Small thought it was light brown. I know it is yellow. One more coat and I will take a photo.

Small took this photo of Smallest (he also took one of my bum as I was pulling out a weed but I deleted it!)

Huffle did some painting in the Laundry Room after work and I now just have to finish some of the woodwork in there. The boys asked me today "can we go into the loft and wrestle on the bed?" NO. "Can we lay on the bed and maybe wrestle?" NO. "Can we wrestle anywhere?". They were bored today, I knew we should have gone out!

Huffle did some late evening cutting down of cedar hedge and I mowed and then we cleared the cuttings. I skyped LizzieDotDot and we had a nice chat while I sat on the porch.

Today I had my eye appointment. Smallest came with me. When we got there the receptionist asked to see my glasses. Then I had the test where they check if the hot air balloon is in focus and then I waited for the Optician and Smallest played on the IPad. I tried on lots of sunglasses but the cheapest pair was $100. I can't justify that when I lose them, sit on them or break them.

When I saw the optician she said she was very sorry but they had sent off the prescription for distance and not reading which is why I couldn't see anything through them. I said how disappointed I was and she gave me a $50 refund for my trouble. My glasses are going to be redone in a hurry so I should get them early next week. She was very apologetic and said it would never happen again. The girl who made the mistake said nothing.

Earlier today I made Macaroni Cheese and gave instructions to Huffle to put it on the oven at a certain time and temperature and was it just being out into the oven (which behaved again) as we returned. When we did get home, there was a fire engine sitting in front of our drive with its lights flashing. For one horrible moment I thought it was our house and then realised it was the NoQuoteys across the road. However, I couldn't get on our drive as they were blocking it. I wound down my window in case they wanted to tell me what was going on but they didn't. They just sat there. Finally they honked their horn and a fireman came running out and got into the engine. Then another man. The driver casually put on his seatbelt and drove slowly away. NOT A WORD. NOTHING. A BIT IGNORANT!

NoQuoteys tree - with signs of Autumn already (IN AUGUST!)

After dinner we all played football on the perfectly cut and raked pitch.

Some gorgeousness in our garden right now.

* the answer - annoying Mummy!

 

No comments: