Friday 29 August 2014

I'm a baked bean snob*

Another terrible nights sleep. No idea why but it's annoying........and it now seems I am allergic to Ragweed. Don't quite know what it is but it causes me to sneeze, have a sore throat and makes my eyes itchy. BOO!

The boys and I spent a lovely morning doing our own things again. I watched a DIY SOS and was in tears. Such a lovely family and a great team who did a beautiful job.

I got fed up after doing lots of tidying and demanded that we all go out. We dumped the bikes in the car, made a picnic and drove to the Waterfront Trail. The boys call this the 'Mushroom House' because there is a house that look a bit like a pixelated Toadstool. Anyway we started our bike ride there, along the paths by the lake which was sparkling in the brilliant sunshine (It was supposed to be cool but it was a scorcher today but with a breeze so no too bad). We passed the first park and ice creams and carried on to the beach where we stopped for lunch overlooking the lake.

A small bike ride further along and we hit the second park. This time we stopped and played for a while.

We carried on our bikes until we hit a steep upwards hill and decided to turn around. A brief play on the beach and the rocks and then we cycled towards the other park. The boys asked for an ice cream but as it was CASH ONLY and I only had $5 I could only afford two kiddie ice creams (I had an apple instead which is much more healthy but oh so boring!).

The park has a new splash pad so the boys went through it and played on the park and enticed me up the climbing frame, through a tunnel and down the wiggly slide.

More cycling, another park with swings and a smelly beach and then we cycled up the big hill back to the car and the mushroom house.

We drove home and the boys played on the Wii while I did some gardening. Huffle came home and attached the battery to the mower but it still wouldn't work. The man who fixed it before has been notified and he is picking it up Tuesday afternoon. BAG OF NAILS!

There was plenty of piano practice while dinner was being made.

 

 

*so says Huffle of me because I will only eat English Baked Beans!

 

No comments: