Monday 25 August 2014

When I grow up I want to be a Taco!

Huffle went to work and I stayed snoozing lightly until I finally had my shower and got up. Two boys greeted me with "can we have breakfast? We're starving!" Why do they have to wait for me? Both can get their own breakfasts, silly sausages.

After a morning of piano playing, emptying bookshelves and moving shelves up a floor and then moving the same shelves back down and filling them back up with books - (phew that was exhausting) lunch and a searching for various footwear, we made our way to Oshawa. Here, Small and I had a foot appointment to have our orthotics fitted. Small got to choose the colour of his and he went for a funky green blue cover. It took an hour and we were left with a spare hour before we could pick up the keyboard Huffle bought yesterday. It takes us 30 minutes to drive home and 30 mins back so it certainly wasn't worth coming home and we couldn't do any shopping because it was too hot to leave in the car for so long! Luckily a phone call with Huffle sorted us out and we ended up at Lakeview Park.

Ice cream on a rock looking out at the lake with the beach beneath us. It was a fabulously hot day and the boys wanted to go in the lake but it was full of sea weed (lake weed?) and they didn't have towels or swim shorts.

They had a play and a wander along the rocks and then we drove to the keyboard place and then headed home. We were just setting up the keyboard when Huffle came home.

Dinner was a 'wocka mola" of frozen delights and then more piano, basketball, fighting, arguing and TV before bed (those boys need to get back to school).

At bedtime with Smallest, this evening, we were doing a World Puzzle and I was asking him some questions about the places. When it came to Peru, I said "who do we know that lived here? He kept marmalade sandwiches under his hat". GRANDAD? Was his reply. "He lived with the Brown Family and was found on Paddington Station". GRANDAD? Really? Grandad do you keep marmalade sandwiches under your hat?

Some of you may already be aware that I have been nominated for the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. (Thanks friend Aunty Miaow). Huffle and I have deliberating over this and we both decided we weren't going to do it. However, now it has happened it seems in poor taste to not accept. I haven't done it today because I only washed my hair this morning and the boys want to help me to do it (ie throw it over me). So I guess it will be tomorrow then! Look out anyone who is friends with me on Facebook - I'm gonna get ya!

 

No comments: