Friday 22 August 2014

That cinnamon bun is as big as my head!

We managed to tick another one of 'those' jobs off the list today. Smallest and I took Small to the walk-in doctors and got his referral letter signed so we can both pick up our orthotics on Monday. The doctor was lovely and the one I saw when I I first had problems with my foot. He had referred me to a person I didn't like and I told him. He was surprised but said it I was very difficult referring feet people as he didn't know any good ones. However when he saw Small's form he was very impressed and said "these people obviously care about feet and people, not just the money. Tell them from me they are doing a good job". He also looked at Small's feet and asked him to walk about. He agreed with the assessment. We grabbed some bits for lunch and took them home and had lunch with Huffle (who was working from home).

After lunch we grabbed the kids swimming kit and my quilting stuff and headed off to Oshawa. I took the boys swimming again. Funny, the same people were in there. It was a very humid day so swimming was probably good for them. I sat in the overly heated overly chlorinated spectator area and knitted.

On the way home we popped to the quilting shop, showed my work and picked up the next pattern for Suffolk and I to do next month. We got stuck in seriously heavy traffic. We saw a helicopter, many fire engines and several ambulances. One road was completely blocked by police, an accident maybe?

After dinner we played a couple of games of Monopoly Deal.

Tomorrow we are off to watch the Blue Jays. Huffle edit 'let's go bluejays!'

No comments: