Thursday 28 August 2014

Teachers, Teeth and Haircuts

Another morning of doing our own thing. The boys had a really long breakfast in front of the TV and I had my breakfast whilst knitting and watching Don't tell the Bride. Why do these ladies give up all rights to plan their own wedding and leave it to the men (men who have no idea what their women want)?.

Late morning the boys went to the dentist. Neither of them are cleaning their teeth correctly so tonight there will be a cleaning lesson this evening. Smallest's teeth have a chalky enamel so his teeth have to be painted with a preventative sealant. Small has two wobbly teeth that at hanging on by threads and NEED to come out ASAP to prevent infection.

After the dentist we drove to White Feather Country Store for lunch and a play on the tractors. Smallest managed to find a hole in the middle of three haystacks and disappeared into it!

A quick trip to the farm shop where we bought some Wild Blueberries (OMG these are so small and sweet) and some raspberries. The girl who served me asked me if I had a Nickel. Which ones that I asked (doh - if I think about it I know but in that situation with a queue behind me, I struggle). She looked at me and said "where are you visiting from?" OH I LIVE HERE NOW SORRY, BUT I HAVENT BEEN HERE THAT LONG. oh dear, how embarrassing!

We came home and the boys had showers before we drove off again to school to check the teachers list. Apparently this is something that happens every year at this time. A list is issued and put in the school reception and it lists who is in which class. Smallest has a new teacher who he had Gym with last year. He really likes her. Quite a few of the boys have been put on another class except for two who are not disruptive. There are other older boys as his class is split between Grade 2 and 3 (Smallest is Grade2).

Small is with another new teacher who has been a substitute teacher and is not only English, but also a Midlands Lady (West Midlands but we can't hold that against her). I like her a lot and so does Small. I don't know if he likes her because she is not strict but we will see.

We then drove to the hairdressers house and the boys had their hair cut (she wanted to cut mine but I said I needed more time and no boys so I could relax - I want my hair cut to shoulder length which is drastic as it is now half way down my back). She has two boys and the four of them played on MarioKart while we talked about school and teachers etc.

when we got home, Huffle was already there but working. I got the boys some dinner, Huffle partly mended the mower and it doesn't blast out lots of smoke now (I had put too much oil in) and then it cut out again. Bloomin' thing. We left it and went to the tennis courts and had a game.

We stayed there for nearly two hours. The temperature was perfect even though it started at 30* as the sun started to burn out and go down it was much cooler. The boys are certainly improving and loving it. Maybe we need to start lessons again.

Back home we attempted to get he mower started again. This time it went and I mowed a couple of times around the grass and then it cut out again. We tightened some more screws and Huffle put the battery on charge overnight as it seems like the same problem from the start of the Summer.

 

 

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I often watch Don't tell the Bride, it's so funny. Some of the men's ideas beggar belief. Glad the boys enjoying tennis. We're on countdown now, have no idea why I planned two major things to happen in 10 days.