Thursday 4 September 2014

Big words in the cafe

The boys almost missed the bus this morning as it came five minutes early. They were just putting their shoes on when it came. Oh well, five minutes earlier tomorrow then just in case (I will be popular in the morning).

I had a lovely morning walk with NoCustard. Not only is the forest one of my favourite places, but NoCustard is one of my favourite people to walk with. We chatted so much I actually forgot to take photos! SHOCKER. We walked for about an hour and a half. It was perfect. We are going to try to make it a weekly thing.

When I got home I had a tidy up, watched some of BBC's In The Club (anyone else watch it and notice the the definite switch in babies?) and then had my lunch. We had a load of oranges that needed eating so in made some Chocolate Orange Muffins (I was going to make the fresh orange muffins but you had to take the skin off each segment and it was really time consuming so I I changed to the chocolate ones as that is just the juice and rind). I got to do a bit more mopping and was just going to have a shower when I noticed Small's sunflower needed staking. Of course, I didn't get my shower because I found lots more things to do in the garden and then had a nice chat with Small's friend's Mum (who actually offered to sit for us when we got to see Kasabian*), and then a neighbour stopped to chat and more gardening and before I knew it, they boys were home.

They were very hot and tired. Both had a milkshake (part of our strategy to get more calcium into Smallest), finished off any fruit they didn't eat at school, told me of their day and then did a chore each to earn them IPad time while I made dinner. The cooker behaved and made a roast dinner, but....later after boiling a kettle it decided to throw out an error. Rubbish

*did I mention about Kasabian? I follow them on Facebook and they posted something about coming to Toronto. I love Kasabian. They are from our home town of Leicester. I have seen them in Toronto once before and they were AMAZING. I told Huffle if he could secure tickets, I would find us a sitter. That wasn't as easy as I thought. I had two offers from friends in the UK (if I sent air tickets) and a tentative offer from a friend here who will probably have to work that night. There are two girls who live across the road and would probably make good babysitters but I am just not sure. They haven't been recommended by anyone I know. Anyway, now I have a backup if I can't find anyone in Small's friends Mum (she is very nice).

Smallest playing me The Last Rose of Summer

After dinner we all made our Anniversary Cards (tomorrow). I read to Smallest tonight. He is reading Harry Potter. At school they have been doing the Reading Cafe which stands for Comprehension Accuracy Fluency Expanding Vocubulary. WOW big words for a seven year old.

Small says he has signed up for playing the Tenor Saxophone at school. This means he gets to play in the school band, the jazz band and gets to go to Canada's Wonderland twice (that's the main reason!). He finds out in a month whether he has been picked or not. He says he can already play Hot Cross Buns on it.

 

No comments: