Monday 8 September 2014

Squirrel and Dog Football*

A strange nights sleep interrupted by Smallest at 5am because of a wet patch from his towel which was placed on his pillow because his hair was damp from his shower! Doubtful! Then again at 7am when Hufle caught him sneaking downstairs wrapped in a sheet looking for new pyjama bottoms - this time there appeared a wet patch on his bottoms but he had no idea how it got there. Later on when I spoke to him about it he said it was when he went to the toilet, his bottoms got in the way!

He seal coughed throughout the night and at breakfast I asked him if he wanted to go to school, what did he want to do? He spoke about going for a bike ride and I told him if he was staying off school for illness then he would be going back to bed. He immediately decided he would go to school. Cheeky monkey.

I packed the boys off to the bus ten minutes earlier and today it came just five minutes early. As they got on the bus everyone clapped. Later when I asked the boys about the applause, Small said he thought it was because he got on before Smallest and that everyone liked him. We said he needed to acknowledge their applause and maybe bow or 'don' his cap.

I had a quick Skype with Moo before going off to get some essentials. It was another hot day even though it is now unofficially Fall (yes Grandma I know it is really called Autumn). Back home I put the shopping away, had some lunch and watched The Village. I went over to Drew's to give her a card and wish her good luck in moving this Friday. We sat and chatted and then agreed to go for a walk once she had finished her jobs. While I was waiting for her I carried on painting my chair.

We had a good walk around the village and just got back as the boys were getting off the bus. They came and chatted too and then we went home. Small's friend came for a play and the three boys played on the trampoline and the Wii.

I made dinner which was a disaster. Toad in the Hole and that is the last time I make it! I also made some Wholemeal Apple Muffins from next doors apples.

Huffle, Smallest and I took Small to Scouts (Beavers wasn't on but the leader let Smallest stay) and then Huffle and I played Tennis for an hour and a quarter. It was exhausting but really good. We played a game and I was winning 4-2 but Huffle beat me 8-6 in the end (I ran out of sugar!).

*During Scouts the boys were playing football and a dog got hold of the ball, Smallest thought it was very funny because the leader had to chase the dog.

*Smallest and I filled the bird feeders this evening and a squirrel was on one of them. Huffle kicked our football towards it and he said it nearly took the squirrels head off. Huffle edit - the squirrel misjudged the curl and pace and made a grumpy noise for a while.

No comments: