Monday 29 September 2014

How Much?

Grandma and Grandad arrived home safely with Aunt Pear collecting them from the airport and leaving them with a cup of tea and bed.

After Huffle had gone to work and the boys to school, I had my breakfast and drove to Toyota to take my car in for a recall. It had been recalled for two separate incidents, plus I had an issue with my handbrake and they were taking the car for an emissions test. I had a shuttle car back home and the driver told me how he was born in Montreal and he did a regular spot on local radio about cars and recalls. He said cars get recalled all the time these days (and I thought it was just mine).

At home I watched a little bit of Our Girl (BBC very good), did some washing and drying and Skyped Moo. I had a call from the garage to say that my front brakes were worn and I needed new rotary things, my back brakes were worn down to the metal and needed replacing and my handbrake definitely needed fixing, plus there as suspension liquid leaking badly. It was a lot of money but it needed doing so I told them to go ahead. The whole thing (including the emissions test) would take five hours.

After my lunch I went out into the garden (it was a glorious day again) and planted the new plants we had, including a huge grass that was bigger than me, moved some existing ones and dead headed the rudbeckia and others. I raked the drive of leaves and filled three barrows which I took down to the compost bin. I raked the grass and filled another four barrows which I used to cover the paths of the veggie garden (where I found a courgette growing).

I worked very hard for a good couple of hours and then Huffle came home with the boys following not long after. I made them a quick a dinner and the piano teacher turned up. Smallest went first and did very well. He said it was good and he could use notes. He has to practice every day for ten to fifteen minutes. Small went next after he had his dinner. He said it wasn't fun but he did enjoy it! The teacher says that Small will progress more quickly but that they both did well.

The garage rang again and said that there was a problem with my emissions test. Because one of the recalled items was to do with the cars computer, it had reset back to zero which meant that the emissions couldn't be done until the car had clocked up another 100km before my birthday (which was Saturday). He was very apologetic and said it was his fault so they would not be charging me for it but it means I now have to get it checked myself after I have driven around for 100km! Huffle drove me back to the garage and then dropped the boys off at Beavers and Scouts. Smallest did a Scavenger Hunt no found a wild cucumber (I didn't even know there were wild cucumbers! Small did fencing and rally enjoyed it

 

I paid for my car and drove home with a very loud clunking noise and smelly burnt brakes. Once home I called the garage and it has to go back in tomorrow. Boooo.

 

 

No comments: