Tuesday 16 September 2014

Ooyer aayyer ooyyah

Huffle went to work and had a busy day catching up from yesterday. The boys went off to school (thanks to Grandad remembering that it was time for the school bus). I went off to work leaving Grandma doing some cleaning and carrying on with the jigsaw and Grandad doing his jobs.

I worked with Jeff clearing out the bamboo that had crawled across the path unsuspectingly. I got to bring some bamboo home, plus some flox, aster and calendula and asiatic lily seeds. I also bought a few plants for the porch planters. I made flapjack first thing to take with me and we ate that with mid morning coffee whilst talking about the Scottish Independence news.

When I got home Grandad had cemented and levelled the few slabs near the back door where the chipmunks had burrowed, put up the new piece of wood to hold the swing and monkey bars using a Spanish Winlass (this bit is to make it sound like it was complicated and there was an issue because I had the tape measure and he had trouble centreing the holes) and was in the process of squirrel proofing (mark III) the bird feeder.

We had lunch, watched the other bit of In The Club and then Grandad and I planted the plants and started to cut down odd branches, which turned into the cutting down of whole trees, me getting stuck in said trees, Grandad being bitten by mosquitoes heavily and me being scratched by trees. Basically we cut down loads of trees and then piled them all up in the fire pit. We used the generator that had to be picked up by both of us and put in the wheelbarrow that Grandad pretended to push by himself while I pretended to steer and steady it. The fire pit was full and very high (and I had to ban Grandad from piling it up any higher).

The boys came home and played basketball and then went in and did their homework. The cooker engineer arrived and we talked through the problems. Luckily it was the same one as before so he knew the history. I gave him the document Huffle had created with all the error messages and dates of phone conversations etc. He is on holiday until next Wednesday but will then sit down with his boss and send a report to Samsung plus our notes recommending that the cooker be removed. He also gave me his office number (which is not Samsung or Sears but the engineering company and his mobile number so that if we don't get any joy he can help us contact someone).

Grandad and I finished clearing, Smallest helped move the branches to the fire pit and then the boys went on the Ipads while Grandma and I made dinner. Today was BBQ burgers, marinated chicken drumsticks, cous cous salad and corn on the cob. We made up some S'mors and took them down the fire where All the boys were lighting, piling, chopping and being boys around the fire. We stayed there until past 8' O'clock. The boys went to bed and we had showers (we were very smelly what with the fire and the mosquito spray).

What a busy productive day.

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aah fire, perfect end to any day.

Anonymous said...

I see Grandad is a bit of a "do-er", you should advertise his handyman services round the neighbourhood before he arrives, bet he could make a fair bit of pocket money! He could probably fix that bloody cooker too!! I haven't joined in with woyww in a long time either, trying to get back into this blogging malarkey again, had a busy summer!

Hugs
Brenda