Wednesday 3 September 2014

Holy Ship!

Another 7:30am start to my day while Huffle got up and worked from home. Today the boys managed to get the bus to school and home again. They actually did some work today too and both came home positive and happy.

I went off shopping after breakfast with a list of supplies that Small needed for school - and I couldn't have had that list during the long long Summer Holidays? - the supermarket was absolutely full, mainly Mum's looking for school supplies. After I bought enough pencils to last him the whole year, erasers, sharpener, scissors, highlighter, USB stick (technology!) and plenty of food etc, I came home and unpacked.

Huffle and I had lunch together and then he carried on with his work. I stripped all the beds, remade them, tidied up the bedding cupboard and part cleaned the bathrooms. I bought some new floor cleaner as all our floors are wood and the stuff we have been using previously just seems to be leaving a film which is horrible. So I used the new stuff and mopped the hall and kitchen. We'll see how it looks tomorrow.

The boys came home and I made dinner and set the oven to come on later. We all went and played tennis for an hour. It was hard work but we all had fun except I hit a ball into Smallest's nose and Small hit him on the head three times. Poor Smallest.

On the way home we bumped into Drew who was telling us that she only had until a week on Friday until she leaves to move to Muskoka. We had to get back because our dinner was cooking. Guess what? Our dinner was cooked beautifully (maybe a little too much) but then we couldn't turn it off. Eventually Small managed to turn it off and then we got an error (another one we hadn't seen before) and then it turned off by itself and then another error. What a pile of poo!

We sat and watched a film called Holes before bed. It was quite good but we haven't finished it yet.

The mower man came today and took away our other pile of poo - hopefully it will be back mended at the end of this week or early next week (I wonder which one it will be!?!?).

 

No comments: