Friday 18 December 2015

Ahhhhhh. Wrap it. Wrap it good.

I fell asleep (last night) almost immediately around 11pm and then stupidly woke up around 12:30 and was still awake at 3am. I think I have too much on my mind, though nothing of great importance but once you start thinking, your brain continues to ask silly questions and search for answers. So annoying. I had a horrendous dream too where I had an enormous fight with HB (I did tell her later and she apologised for fighting with me, ha, dreams are funny things).

Huffle went in to the office today for a meeting and probably to buy nuts and seeds from his local supplier. I wonder if he bought wrapping paper for my presents or whether he will steal mine? (Edit: actually he didn't have time for seeds or nuts or paper). The boys went to school for their last day (finishing an hour early though all they did was watch films, exchange gifts and cards and eat nice things).

Moo and I decided to wrap the presents and started after breakfast. We worked tirelessly until lunchtime when we stopped for half an hour to eat and watch 'back in time for Christmas 1990's'. Then we carried on wrapping until about ten minutes before the kids were due home and frantically stuffed everything under the tree and squirrelled away the ones we haven't wrapped yet (ran out of time but only Moo's, Small's and mine left.........). I called the school and asked if there was a tuba out in the hall. It wasn't the normal secretary and she was confused, especially because she didn't recognise a tuba from any other instrument. However, there was only one instrument there and she guessed (correctly) it was what I was expecting, so I popped to school and picked it up in order for Small to have it during the holidays to practise the new band tune.

The boys came home armed with cards, thank you notes, secret Santa presents and sweets, hyped up on Christmas spirit and end of school happiness. Small brought the post in and we had a multitude of cards with some lovely messages in, the boys got some money for Christmas and we got a lovely tee-towel. I then spent the next hour texting various people thanking them and having mini conversations.

Moo has spent the day, in between wrapping, doing laundry and the boys chore today was to take up their washing and put it all away (there was a lot) then they played on the Wii. Moo and I prepared dinner which was a mix of left overs with some additions.

Huffle and small then went off to their last football session before Christmas.

 

 

No comments: