Tuesday 15 December 2015

You say Peter, I say Pita

Huffle slept better thank goodness and I did not want to get up this morning when I was woken by Small. Moo is sleeping like a baby (a noisy baby). After breakfast, Moo and I went shopping. Christmas shopping. In fact we did really really well and had fun too. We got a lot of stuff and had to make several trips back to the car to unload. It was cool and windy and just a bit rainy at times but it didn't stop us. We were on fire!

For elevenses (or a bit after) we found a delightful cupcake cafe where we sampled a Vanilla Salted Caramel and a Chocolate Salted Caramel cupcake and a mug of coffee (well it would have been rude not to). After our brief stop, we carried on shopping.

For a late lunch we went to the Portuguese Bakery and had to bring home something for everyone else from the fine array of pastries and cakes before heading back home, checking what we had bought and squirrelling them away (some of us did it in a different order but I won't dwell on that!).

Not long after we sorted ourselves out, the boys came home. We were in the middle of making Chocolate Crackle Cookies for Christmas gifts. Somehow I burnt half the batch though and had to make some flapjacks to make up for the ones we couldn't use.

The boys did chores and played on the Wii and Moo and I cleared up and made dinner. At one point we had a tray of cookies cooling, flapjack mixing, chicken defrosting, lasagne cooking, pasta boiling and meatballs reheating all at the same time. Multi-tasking!! Smallest and Huffle ate their dinner early (chicken and tomato pasta) so they could rush off to football. Small had his next (meatballs) and stayed at home with Moo and I who had ours later (Veggie lasagne and salad). Then the three of us played Catan (we taught Moo the basic game). It was a really good game and the scores were very close.

Huffle and Smallest came home. Smallest had got upset and frustrated at the football and the coach took him aside and had a nice cheery word with him. He also rang me later to check his star player was okay. I explained he was tired due to a number of late nights recently due to the Baketball and Rock Climbing. I assured him he would be rested for the game on Saturday. He told me to tell Smallest that he was his biggest fan next to Huffle and I. That was nice of him to bother to call.

Huffle is rattling with all his pills and potions bit he thinks they are making a tiny difference so far.

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds a good ru in to Christmas. Hope Huffle much better by the big day. x