Tuesday 8 December 2015

The Tubarist's new clothes

Apart from Smallest waking us up during the night shouting "IT WASNT ME! IT WASNT ME! IT WASNT ME!", we had a good nights sleep. When Smallest got up he checked the Internet to find out why people sleep talk and what it means. He was happy to report that there was no medical reason for doing it and that it didn't mean the person was dreaming at the time. He wanted to know if I did it (which I do a lot) and what I said (I never make any sense apparently).

As Small was leaving the house, he stated that he needed black trousers and a black or white top for the band performance on Thursday evening (wow, he's good, two days to find him clothes for his concert - arrrggghhhh). So after my breakfast, I went out with the intention of buying him a pair of black jeans (after all it has to be something he will wear again considering he grows a couple of inches each night), a top and some food to stock up for the hungry Moo.

I got him some jeans but could only get skinny ones but they did have extra stretch, a nice black long sleeved top (a mans) and a white tee-shirt with a black pocket (do we think that would be allowed?). I even managed another few Christmas presents yay. I picked up some food and then came home in time for lunch with Huffle. We watched a bit more Jekyll and Hyde. This series is getting weirder and creepier and we definitely cannot watch this before bed. Then I really would be talking on my sleep.

Moo finally FaceTimed me and had no idea I had sent her messages. She is very excited and has her bags packed (she just has to sit on them to get them closed). I made her bed and then dusted, swept and mopped downstairs and cleaned the bathroom. All washing is up-to-date so that possibly means that I won't be doing anymore washing now for six whole weeks. Moo always does the washing when she is here. WAHOOO.

Mid afternoon I went for a 40 minute walk in the Hamlet but the part where no houses were.

I got back just in time for the boys bus dropping them off. They were both in very silly moods. Small's sleeve had been ripped off his coat. He didn't know by who and then he remembered it was one of his friends but it was an accident. Small's new clothes fit well so that's band clothes sorted! Smallest had homework. He had to do a good deed, see how the recipient reacted and write about it. He got water for himself and Huffle and put their football boots on the vent to warm for later. He also made Small a hot chocolate and gave Huffle the leftover hot chocolate. Huffle was very pleased with the water and boots, Small loved his hot chocolate but Huffle was not pleased with his as it didn't appear to have been stirred very well. Smallest wrote how unhappy his dad was. Now he is going to look like Grumpy Dad!

We had a quick dinner and then Huffle and Smallest went to football, I sewed Small's sleeve back on and Small played on the Wii.

Last night we noticed that Smallest's Pluto was ripped. Smallest spent his own money on Pluto when we went to Disney in March. We were disappointed he was already falling apart so I wrote an email to Disney last night to see if they could do anything for him. We know they have received it and forwarded it to the appropriate department but haven't heard anything else.

 

No comments: