Wednesday 23 December 2015

Cheerio

Moo was a bit better this morning and no food has disappeared down the toilet. After breakfast, Huffle and I decided to go for our Christmas food shop. We left the boys playing Pokemon and Moo supervising. The supermarket wasn't too bad but it did seem that there were an awful lot of men in there who were not used to shopping. I heard a lot of British accents, more than normal. I asked a very tall gentleman (Canadian eh) if he could please pass me some cocoa powder. Hearing my accent he said "cheerio". I didn't know if that meant go away now or it was a strange greeting but then I realised he was trying to do an English accent and then proceeded to tell me the weather at the moment was just like my weather where I came from. That's when I decided to "cheerio" him. I also bumped into one of the knitting ladies and we had a quick chat about our trip to Ottawa and the fact I am lucky enough to be seeing Adele. Huffle went into the Tire while I started our shop. Our shop went really well and got almost everything. The check outs were quick and we bagged everything fairly well. We visited three more shops on the way home and then came back and put everything away.

We al had lunch and then we decided to start decorating the gingerbread biscuits, ice the cake and chocolate log and put together the gingerbread house. It was a mammoth job. Moo started on the icing for the Christmas cake and house but unfortunately didn't read the recipe so we ended up with 1.5lb of sloppy icing which I didn't think we could use. Huffle and Small went out to get some more, plus several things we forgot to get before, and Smallest started to decorate his gingerbread. I whisked up the icing and we decided it could be recovered and then we started to ice the cake and the stick together the gingerbread house. No egg cups were hurt or used during the sticking together but we did use a couple of Sundae Glasses to keep the roof gable end on while I decorated the edges of the house. Huffle and Small came home with extra icing sugar and Moo then made some chocolate icing for the log. Smallest made lots of marzipan and icing things to decorate the cakes and we ended up with a Santa, Snowmen, Robins and a sleigh. We ran out of room and the house was too warm so everything ended up inboxes in the Sun Room which is the coolest place. Hopefully the raccoons don't visit during the night for a cake party.

In case you can't tell - that's Elf in the middle and three robins on the left.

Moo, Smallest and I went for a walk to the Beer Store where we purchased Beer, Baileys and Wine.

Dinner was put in the oven and we started to watch Polar Express which was interrupted by us eating dinner and clearing away. The other day while we were chatting about Christmas, Smallest was talking about me putting things in his stocking. I said I didn't put things in his stocking, Santa did. Both boys looked at each other, rolled their eyes and giggled. Neither really said anything but it's obvious they have been talking. Small will never say anything because if he says he doesn't believe he'll think he won't get presents. That's why we decided to watch Polar Express which we watched later.

After the film finished and we all 'believed' again, we finished wrapping presents which took FOREVER!

Moo, Huffle and I played cards after the kids went to bed.

 

1 comment:

AA said...

That elf is amazing

XX