Friday 11 December 2015

Schmoozing the mall

Huffle decided to go into the office today for a few meetings, the boys went to school (no time problems this morning), so Moo and I had a leisurely breakfast and sat and chatted and complained and moaned and put the world to rights. After sorting out Moo's Big Sexy Hair again, we went off to the local Mall for some retail therapy (well Christmas Shopping).

In the Toy Shop we did exceedingly well, though I have realised my children (Small especially) are getting older and where this kind of shop would cater to their every whim, we are slowly running out of things that would be acceptable for them. Awwww what a shame. I started to envisage Small's stocking with deodorant and face wash in it BOOOOOOO! In H&M we found that they still cater for Small's huge frame by selling 14+ in the kids department. Well we can probably shop in there for a year (maybe) before he grows out of that shop too. Two shops and we needed a coffee break. As we weren't willing to 'make do' by going to Tim Hortons (I'm sorry Candians but it just isn't proper coffee), we decided to cross five lanes of traffic on foot with no pedestrian crossing (cross-walk) to get to Starbucks (again, not my favourite coffee but it's the best for where we were). It was tricky but we did it (possibly because the smell of real coffee was luring us) and sat and had a lovely coffee and shared lemon loaf. The sun was streaming in through the windows - it was beautiful.

The same road had to be crossed again to get back to the Mall where we happened upon a Jewellery seller who schmoozed Moo (who was beeaaautiful) and I until we purchased something (just one thing though and not the five things he tried to sell us at a fabulously discounted rate). He said to me (when Moo's back as turned) "I lurrve her accent (what about mine?) is she Scottish or Irish?". Next we got schmoozed by a much younger dude who tried to sell us various pain relieving devices and attached Moo and I to a mini electrical massager. Moo didn't mind it but I didn't like being buzzed. It was also very expensive. At one point he massaged Moo with a hand held roller and she said "the problem is that I have no-one at home to do that for me?" He said 'I can do it, I will come home with you'. He was very young!

We decided to leave while we were doing so well and checked out the Toffee Apples on the way out. Smallest has been asking for one for ages but I'm not sure if he wants the traditional English style toffee apple with the hard red coating or the caramel apples they sell here. We are thinking of getting him one for Christmas but have to order it as apparently everyone has the same idea. They last for seven days so we have a bit of time to decide what to get.

At home we finished off our pita's from yesterday, sorted out what we bought and for whom and FaceTimed Grandma. We thought we had lots of time before the kids came home but suddenly they were back. Smallest had homework and a request for me to make Macaroni Cheese for his Pot Luck lunch next week. Small did a chore and played on the Wii.

Moo and I made dinner for everyone but me and her (as we had a late lunch). Huffle came home and the boys ate before Small and Huffle went to football. Moo, Smallest and I went for a walk and checked out the Christmas lights.

Poor Small had a bad nosebleed half way through his game from a ball that ricocheted from his foot to his nose. What a bloody mess.

 

No comments: