Thursday 17 December 2015

You don't like cows?

I wish I could say that we had a lovely relaxing day today and sat on our bottoms, but I would be lying. Our frantic day started at 7:30am and we finally sat down at 7pm. After our aerobic session yesterday, we ache - A LOT!

Moo and I had to get ready early so we could get to the Award Assembly to watch Smallest receive an award for Excellent Reading. Moo also met Santa in the car park who said he knew she was called Moo and he knew it was because she didn't like cows (well kind of........). Moo met Smallest's teacher (who told her that Smallest was a lovely boy) and the new Principal too (the principal wasn't a lovely boy, she met the Principal). We got to chat with a few of the Mum's I know, watch a video about shoes (there was a moral in there somewhere), see the awards being given out and get to take photos at the end.

H always hides from my camera!

Our next job of the day was to come home and sort out the Teacher Gifts. This year I bought Christmas Plates, filled them with baked lovelies and cellophaned and ribboned them. I also made a Macaroni Cheese for Smallest's pot luck lunch.

Who ate the chocolate?

As soon as the Macaroni Cheese was done, we abandoned the mess in the kitchen and the gifts and rushed off to school to deliver the pot luck dish. I felt guilty about not staying despite the fact we were supposed to be somewhere else, so Moo and I stayed in the classroom for about 20 minutes and had a bit of food with them.

Smallest played on the piano for everyone

Next we drove about 20 minutes away to meet Suffolk for a shop at Costco. Here we picked up a few things, sampled a few delights and ended up getting my own card for there as there was an offer on. The photo on my card is hilarious because I was trying not to laugh. Another lady was getting her photo done and I stuck my tongue out to make her laugh too. We left Suffolk and walked across to the other shops where I purchased a few tiny things for Christmas (that's it - no more!) and then we had a quick look at the boots as I am in desperate need of new snow boots as mine have no tread left. We got some and Moo has put her money towards them for my Christmas present - hurrah. Then we called it a day and came home.

It wasn't till we were home that we realised we needed to be out again straight away for the three boys' feet appointments. Moo and I decided to stay at home and tidy up our mess and make dinner and let the boys go by themselves. All have to have new orthotics. Small needs different ones and has some exercises to do to prevent any knee problems and the other two just need replacement ones.

Moo and I made Turkey Burgers for the boys and Bean and Rice Burgers for us which we ate later with cous cous and salad. Very nice. The kids finished off their teacher gifts by making bags for the bus driver and a couple of the lesser teachers (no teacher is less but I mean the ones that just take them for the odd lesson).

I wonder who this is from? Mmmoooooooooo

 

 

No comments: