Wednesday 30 December 2015

All alone am I - hurrah

I slept terribly last night. I have injured my shoulder from too much shovelling and everytime I turned it woke me up. When I could get to sleep, I was woken by noises, being too warm, too cold, a snoring monster or my shoulder again. Arrrggggghhhhhhh. I'm tired.

Before breakfast we started a film called Get Santa which we interrupted in order to have breakfast. Smallest went outside to play and roll snow and add to the snow Fort. The rest of us played Catan adding seafarers and cities and knights. It looked very complicated but once we got into it, it was very good. Plus I won. Moo gave out the cards and tried to follow what was happening. The boys played briefly on the Wii and then we finished our morning film with lunch.

Smallest has been bugging us to get the Scalextric out for ages, so this afternoon we did. Unfortunately we only have one car working now so there could be no races but they had fun playing for a while. Meanwhile, Moo and I went out for a walk around the Hamlet. It wasn't cold enough for a coat despite the snow still on the ground but at times there was a chill in the air. We walked for about an hour.

When we got back the Scalextric was away and a nerf war was in progress. The boys were very silly. Smallest had his dinner early because he had football training early evening. Everyone but me went with him. I got to sit and watch TV all by myself and eat the odd chocolate coin (shhhhhhhh). I also made sure dinner was ready when they came home and I realised that by rocking myself on Huffle's reclining chair, that it clocked up steps on my Nabu fit band. Wahooo.

About a month ago, I contacted Disney to tell them that Smallest's precious Pluto, that he paid for all by himself and bought at Disney when we went in February, had started to fall apart. They emailed me and rang me and said they would send him a new one. They said it would take about three to four weeks. Well it came today. Out of the box came Goofy and we all thought they had sent the wrong one by mistake. Then Pluto came out of the box. Awwww Smallest was so happy. Good one Disney, well done, you've made a little boy's day.

 

1 comment:

AA said...

Two good Disney days in a row!