Tuesday 29 December 2015

Yoda's Orange Wife

View from our front window last night.

When we went to bed it was snowing and the road was white, it was coming down well but it was mainly windy and the snow was turning to sleet. We didn't get any power cuts or any problems with the ice or snow, thank goodness though it's always good to be prepared. This morning it was white everywhere but it hadn't snowed too hard. The 5am snow plough woke me this morning plus neighbours scraping their windscreens and clearing their drives to get their cars out.

After a Nerf Battle from the boys, they donned their snow gear and went outside to build a Snow Fort. Huffle FaceTimed Grandma and Grandad and I went out with the boys and tried out my new Snow Shoes (Small bought them for me for Christmas from the Thrifty Store with his own money). They were good and I walked down to the bottom of the garden and back and then Moo tried them out too. I will be interested to find out how good they are in thick deep snow. Today's snow was really heavy and wet. We all cleared the drive of snow which was really hard work. Small cleared the path at the front of the garden, Smallest cleared the path to our front door and Moo, Huffle and I cleared the rest of the drive. The boys also salted the paths.

We spent forever on the drive and the kids made us hot chocolates and tea (though the hot chocolate was cold, Moo's tea was too strong, my first one had sugar in it and my second one was too weak - need some more instruction I think, though we were very grateful). Moo, Huffle and I finished the drive up to the road part which was extremely hard because it was mainly the pile up from the Snow Plough. A truck came past with a plough on the front and moved the last bit for us. Our knight in shining armour. Very neighbourly of him. THANK YOU MR PLOUGH.

I had a dot to dot book for Christmas (from G&G - thank you) and I have been doing a few lately. They are very difficult but very effective - the numbers go up to about 400 and are very small (I have to wear my glasses and still it's difficult).

This afternoon we drove out to Whitby and had dinner. We all chose pizza which was cooked in a proper pizza oven. It was lovely. We played a game of Skip-Bo wile we waited and took some back with us (pizza) because we couldn't manage it all. Next we went to the foot place to pick up Huffle and the boys orthotics. We had to wait for ages (I don't understand why they aren't ready for us, I wonder if it's because they cost so much, they want to make sure you actually pick them up). It did give Huffle time to find a new pair of slippers though and get some quick inserts made for them. This was Huffles birthday present from Grandma and Grandad (Thank you).

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERTS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN STAR WARS YET.

We just had enough time to get to the cinema for the afternoon showing of Star Wars in 3D. The cinema was only 20% full (the ticket lady told us) so we had plenty of room and it wasn't too noisy. We took our own bag of Celebrations in with us. Small stretched out on two seats and had Moo's coat as a pillow. We all thoroughly enjoyed it. Princess Leia's surgery seemed extensive and I wondered how she was going to show any emotion with all that Botox. Poor Hans Solo struggled to run fast too. The funniest moment was the very end where Luke said nothing. It seems his acting was so bad in the original film (he didn't act I don't think afterwards) that they gave him nothing to say or do at all in this film, though it is obviously set up for another film where perhaps he will do a bit more (like maybe train up Rey who I am convinced is his daughter, Huffle and Small think she is Leia and Hans daughter though). Our favourite new characters were Maz Kanata, Yodas wife, as Smallest calls her, Fin and BB8.

By the time we got out of the cinema it was dark and foggy and the roads were full of muppets! Muhnuh muhnuh doo doo duh doo doo.............

 

 

No comments: