Thursday 10 December 2015

Moo's giant Pita

Lovely sleep.

After the boys went to school (almost missing their bus - let's blame Moo), I took Moo to get her haircut where she came away with Big Sexy Hair. The hairdresser put some product on her hair and I asked what it was (in case we wanted to buy some), she said it was Plump Up but looked embarrassed. Then she said "actually it's called Big Sexy Hair".

We came home and I let Moo empty her second case (the one with clothes in) and put some away. We finished our morning coffee, stripped the boys beds and remake them, stuck the washer and dryer on and made our way out for lunch. Today we were in the Oshawa area for my foot appointment so we stopped at a Pita Deli place which was No1 on Trip Advisor.

After waving to Santa in the minuscule Mall we entered, we set about getting a huge Pita (we didn't know it was going to be so big). We got three huge falafals, tons of salad, hummus, garlic mayo, cucumber, onion and some tahini. I stupidly asked for some hot sauce (but the tiniest little bit) and it was so hot I had to have a bottle of water. Silly girl. Now I have a sore throat too! We couldn't manage a whole one each so that's tomorrow's lunch sorted.

Finding a Sports shop nearby, we bought a Christmas present and then went toiletries shopping where it was Senior Discount Day (knew there was a good reason for having Moo with me). We got to my foot appointment early. It was just a fitting for my new orthotics and we chatted to the receptionist about Scotland where she had just come back from.

At home we had fifteen minutes before the school bus came so we had a quick walk up the road but the bus beat us back. I'm trying to get a walk in everyday, however small, its something.

We had an early dinner before rushing the for the School Christmas Concert. Bearing in mind all the kids have to be there at least fifteen minutes early, and the parents take their kids there, the seating was all gone way before the concert started. We managed to get seats on the back row which meant we couldn't see Small playing in the band or Smallest singing his three songs in his homemade crocheted elf hat. When I tried to creep up to the front to take a photo, Smallest hid from me. It was mildly entertaining, bearing in mind we couldn't see anything at all, apart from Small singing in the Intermediate Choir (I say singing, but he never looked up once and I'm not completely convinced his mouth was opening).

The best photo I could get hurumph!

On the way home, Moo, Smallest and I decided to walk. Smallest was practicing his Leicestershire accent all the way to say to Huffle but by the time we got back it turned into Yorkshire!

 

JOKE: why did the Grandma wear her trousers inside out?

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know but I know an auntie also did it yesterday!

famfa said...

Tut tut what is the world coming to?