Wednesday 16 December 2015

Imelda Who?*

Huffle and I struggled to get to sleep last night though we don't know why. I think we finally got to sleep sometime after 1am. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Out of the window this morning, I spied snow. Not a lot, just an icing sugar kind of sprinkling, but it was cold. After the boys went to school, I left Huffle with his phone, laptop and our computer all signed in ready to buy tickets to Adele's concert in Toronto in October. She has four dates and one of them is on my birthday. We saw Adele in Leicester, UK, four years ago and it was fabulous. I HAD TO GO.

Moo and I went to aerobics. It was a full house there today and we worked hard and made steam! Just as we were starting our floor work, I got a text from Huffle saying he had earned ten husband points and we had tickets. YYYEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!

When we got home we sat and watched 'Back in time for Christmas' with a warming cup of coffee. We had showers and lunch and then set about baking for the Teachers Gifts. We started with pastry which we made into a quiche for dinner later and then mince pies and jam tarts. Next we started on the gingerbread. This is a really-easy-I-can-make-it-in-my-sleep-thing to do. Unfortunately our oven is playing up and burning everything. To be honest, I'm not convinced it's been right since that 'oven on fire' event that happened. It burnt over 3/4 of my gingerbread (and I have never done that before), plus it burnt the cookies I made yesterday. We then made the chocolate crackle cookies again. I also made a White Chocolate Christmas Minty Bark. This time we checked and rechecked and made sure these ones didn't burn. We had a lot. Moo had a word with Huffle about the oven and he ended up calling for a service call. They are coming on Tuesday. Here we go again!

Moo and I made dinner. The boys came home. Smallest had broken a window by kicking a football. It was an accident. I asked if he got into trouble - he hadn't. I asked if I had to pay for it - he wasn't sure. I asked what was going to happen next and he wasn't sure. Small did his homework and they both did a chore for me. The phone rang and it was an automated call from the school saying that the finish time was an hour early on the last day. Smallest thought it was about the window. Then his teacher called me to say that Smallest was receiving an award in assembley tomorrow if I wanted to attend and he thought it would be nice that Gramma (you mean Moo of course) would be here too. I asked about the window and he said it was definitely an accident and there was no problem. He asked if Smallest was upset and I said he was just a bit worried but all is fine.

We had a lovely dinner and while the boys played on the Wii, argued about the Wii and ended up in their rooms reading by themselves, Moo, Huffle and I played cards which was interrupted by Smallest going to bed early and Moo reading with him and Huffle going for a warming relaxing bath? Small also went to bed early leaving Moo, Huffle and I to watch The Apprentice. (Or as I now call it - Alan's Scarf Wars. Every week some one gets fired. That someone then goes off in a taxi and talks about how wrong Lord Sugar was. They always wear a scarf. I think Alan has a rack of scarves ready for the losers to chose one for their taxi home).

Our game of cards will probably finish tomorrow.

*we were listening to music on our IPod and an Imelda May song came on. Moo said Imelda May? Really? Huffle and I were a little surprised she knew who that was until we realised she meant Imelda Staunton. Well she does sing. We had a CD of her singing Tiddler and Stick Man he he he - silly Moo!

 

No comments: