Monday 7 December 2015

Oh Christmas Tree wonky Christmas Tree

My husband, Huffle, has THE most rumbly tummy in the WORLD. Before he went to bed he stupidly (I say stupidly because as one gets older it seems one cannot digest certain foods as easily as one could when one was younger) ate an Eccles Cake (Puff Pastry). This caused havoc with his stomach ALL through the night resulting in zero sleep for him and a considerable loss of sleep for me. Today I have felt drugged I am THAT tired.

The boys went to school after watching the final of I'm a Celebrity which they thought was funny. I went into the loft and started the preparations for Moo's arrival (Wednesday early evening). I swept, swiffed, mopped and dusted. I was about to make her bed when I thought I would send her a message first to ask what kind of sheets she fancied, cotton or flannel? It's not as cold as it usually is so I thought she might like a choice. As of yet she hasn't answered me so I am not making the bed until she does (maybe someone will read this and tell her to let me know ha ha!).

Mid morning I went out for a walk with ClownRose and BabyF. We wandered around the Hamlet for just over an hour. We chatted and walked and found out what our kids were saying to each other. It's very funny. Smallest and BabyMo are so cute together. He gave her a Christmas card today which said "hope you get all the presents you wish for". She gave him a note back on the home time bus practically saying (her writing is unreadable as she is only four) that he was responsible for getting her any toys she wished for as that is what he wrote in her card. Oh dear. To be fair, he did get a Christmas bag and put in a puzzle, two books and a rock that he no longer wanted. He is so sweet.

I made some pastry in preparation for dinner and Huffle and I had lunch before I went out to the forest and walked with NoCustard and K her son. We had a lovely walk for over an hour.

At home I made a cheese and onion pie for Small and I (the other two had Beef and Guiness Pie from the butchers yesterday). With the leftover pastry I made some mini mince pies. The boys came home, did homework, chores, played on the Wii and then we had dinner.

This evening we all went to the Christmas Treet Lighting in the Hamlet. We were asked to arrive at 6:30/6:45 but we are not sure why as nothing happened until way past 7pm. The turnout wasn't great considering it wasn't too cold. The boys went as part of the Scouts and Cubs and sang to us and handed out their crafts they made last week (candy cane reindeer). The tree lights were lit on the wonky big Christmas Tree and we had hot chocolate and biscuits and we meandered round chatting to various people.

 

 

No comments: