Monday 14 December 2015

Strictly Rock Climbing

Last Thursday when we were at the kids school concert, the Cubs Leader recognised Moo and said he would sort out a Rock Climbing event while she was here. I had no idea whether he would or not but last night we got an email saying that it was Rock Climbing for the Cubs and Scouts this evening. Unfortunately Huffle couldn't go due to his current back problems which meant we had a space in the car. Lo and behold I get a phone call this morning from one of the Mum's asking if I can take her two kids with me. I told her I could take one and she managed to get the other one in with someone else.

This morning, I set Moo up with Strictly Come Dancing on the TV (via Apple) while I made two soups and a soda bread for tonight's dinner and watched my TV on the IPad. Originally we were going out for a forest walk with NoCustard but she had to call off so after lunch, Moo and I went for a walk instead.

The temperature was 13* but looked like rain. It was due to rain around 3pm and we were hoping to be finished by then but it hit us just as we were coming towards the car park. We did the walk much quicker than normal because Moo walks so fast. Normally when I walk with NoCustard, the chatter never stops (mainly NoCustard I have to say) but today it was so quiet.

Back home we had a cup of tea and I set Moo up with the Strictly Results while I kept an eye on the Leicester game against Chelsea. I got to watch it on the TV until the boys came home and started their piano practice and then lessons.

We had an early dinner and all went out leaving Huffle to go to the evening surgery. On the way to the Rock Climbing, we picked up Smallest's classmate. With a full and boisterous car and a very rainy, windy night with zero visibility because the road kept disappearing into darkness, we finally got to the climbing place.

We have been several times before and I have always belayed but I needed a quick refresher before I held the ropes to get Small up the wall. Smallest went up next a couple of times and then Small again before Moo went up. It was hard, warm work and I know I shouldn't have been holding on to the ropes so hard but it's difficult not to. Everyone did really well. We stayed for over an hour.

The journey home was much better weather-wise although the sat nav took us down a dark dusty road. We dropped our passenger off. Small convinced him to play 'silent night' in the car on the way home and he was very quiet (his mum couldn't believe he played along, she thinks Small is very smart).

Huffle had got on well at the doctors. He has been given muscle relaxant and anti-inflammatory. If it doesn't get better in a week, he has to have an X-Ray again. Hopefully he will sleep tonight.

 

 

2 comments:

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Yay...another win for Leicester!

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Yay...another win for Leicester!