Thursday 14 April 2016

A new handbag for the forgotten purse

Two wake ups in the night. At 2:30am for a really bad earache where Huffle had to put olive oil in my ear. It was still hurting this morning but it went away and came back later. I don't know why but it was horrible. At 4am we were woken by Smallest who had a small accident (too much water whilst playing football too late in the day).

This morning we were tired. After the boys went to school, Huffle worked, Grandad was caught chatting to MrRoyal over the fence, reminiscent of the Les Dawson sketch, before continuing to paint the pool fence, mending the bird house and being OCD again with the shoes this time not the gloves! This afternoon he secured Dougie deer to the ground under the tree and worked out what drain pipes we will need for tomorrow's shopping expedition.

Grandma and I went out to look for a birthday gift for her. We went to Whitby today and visited the Kitchen Shop where she bought me a yummy cook book with lots of breakfast recipes which we decided were desserts, lunches, dinners and suppers instead. We will certainly be trying some stuff from there.

Next we went to Winners where Grandma bought two tee shirts for Small as he went to school today in a far too small tee shirt (more through laziness than lack of clothes that fit though!) and some stuff to take home. We bought her a handbag (well I actually forgot my purse today so Grandad paid for them for now). For lunch we went to a proper Cafe. Today was first day of my tablets and I knew I had to avoid spice. The soup of the day had ginger in it so that was out and the Grown Up Grilled Cheese had apple butter with Cinamon so that was out (not that I like Cinamon anyway). We had a cup of tea and a sandwich with salad. Very nice (thank you Grandad ha ha, he is convinced I leave my purse at home on purpose). We tried to find a shop on the way home but there wasn't one so we came back for a quick drink before I had to go to school to pick up Smallest for a dentist appointment.

I was told, last time we went to the dentist, that Smallest's enamel was chalky and crumbling but that it was just one of those things and they could paint something on to fix it. Today when we arrived the dental assistant asked me what she could use to 'make him comfortable' for his restorative treatment. I was very confused and the dentist checked him over just to double check. He had to have a small filling and he was given goofy gas which made him giggle and smile a lot and then made him dizzy and a bit woozy but he was very good. Unfortunately he has to go back again and go through it all over again. It's a completely different thing to what I had when I was little. I used to fight the dentist who tried to put the gas mask on me. Today, it is a little thing that goes over your nose and you don't fall asleep and have horrible nightmares! Thank goodness.

Grandma had made dinner again and a lovely apple and Strawberry Crumble with custard.

 

 

No comments: