Tuesday 12 April 2016

Grandma adopts Ug

Last night I dreamt that I was walking with Dec (Ant and Dec) and we were picking up interesting things. I found a stone shaped like a doll house and he wanted it for his wife so I gave it to him. He really wanted to swap it for something better that I had. He was very sneaky. We then got on a bus with Ant on but Ant got off before we could.

An early start again because I had to go to work. The boys went to school and I left Huffle working and Grandma and Grandad eating breakfast. Today we worked in the garden cutting back and generally tidying but it snowed and was quite cold so we had an early coffee break where we helped MrsM to fill in a questionnaire and then I stayed behind after to help her enter it on the computer. The rest of the time we went into the greenhouse and potted on fushias. While I was working I got a call from school saying "I have your lovely little man here who has forgotten his music for the Talent Show Audition". I asked when he needed it for and she said after 1pm. Then she called right back and said he told her it was needed in ten minutes. I had to phone Huffle as I couldn't make it in time. His audition went well but he doesn't know if he has got in or not. It's like Canada's Got Talent.

Some lovelies I unearthed today at work

At home Grandad had mended the football net and fixed one of the corners of the drainpipe so it doesn't drip on our heads anymore when we walk past. We all had lunch and Grandad went back outside to do more drain work and Grandma and I went to FabricLand looking for material for me to make Roman Blinds (with Grandmas help). I had the idea that I wanted Grey and Mustard with maybe some teal but when I saw the fabrics I changed my mind. We liked lots and got some swatches and took photos, worked out how much we needed and spoke to a rude lady about how much extra was needed. She upset Grandma and we left.

The biggest two are my favourites.

I treated her to a trip around Value Village. A huge charity shop that sells everything. I bought a milk jug and Grandma found a furry baby she felt the need to hug (I wish she hadn't though because she was all itchy and snuffly afterwards). It wasn't Grandmas favourite place and she doesn't want to go back again this visit (she's a charity shop snob).

We came home after popping into Shoppers Drug Mart where we stocked up on vitamins, moisturisers, shampoo etc and then came home. Huffle had made a start on dinner so I finished it while Facetiming Moo.

After dinner, we left Grandma home alone with strict instructions not to answer the door unless someone was bearing wine, what to do if she set the house on fire........ And everyone else went to Smallest's football practice. There were some new boys at football today who were training with the regular team. There seemed to be some doubt who was on the team and who was trying to get on the team. We don't know if we have enough players for the new Teir 1 they are expecting to play in the Summer. The Coach was quite grumpy today.

 

 

No comments: