Monday 4 April 2016

Small's grown a head*

It snowed throughout the night and it looks like we might have actually got the amount that was forecast. About 10cm. Huffle cleared the drive today, Smallest cleared off the snow on his car this morning and I had to clear off a huge pile of snow off my car, just to get in it!

Another licence plate

This morning I did a food shop, put it all away, sorted some washing and had lunch with Huffle. This afternoon I went for a walk around the Hamlet. With snow still on the ground I wore my bobble hat, scarf, big coat and gloves but with the sun shining so brightly, I really didn't need my hat or gloves and I undid my coat. I walked for about 25 minutes and then turned around. On the way home the wind was biting and I had to put my hat back on and do up my coat brrrrrrrr. -12* tonight and Grandma and Grandad arrive tomorrow late afternoon. Whoops.

The boys came home, did homework, had their piano lessons, did a chore each and played on their tablets. I made dinner while they piano'd and made two risottos. Huffle helped when he finished work.

Today I collected enough cereal packets to order myself a personalised spoon

Aft dinner, Huffle took Small to Scouts where they practiced Archery as there is a tournament soon. Smallest didn't have a Cub Meeting tonight so we played Alhambra.

 

Today Small asked to be measured (I keep a tally on the back of the pantry door and it includes the measurements of me (I am forever dreaming of being taller), Huffle, Small, Smallest, Moo, Grandma (shrinking) and Grandad. Anyway, he wanted to be measured because he thinks he's taller than me. I am 5 ft 4 and a bit and it looks like Small is now 5'4" - eeeeek just a 'bit' to go!!! *it seems that since we have been here in Canada, the boys have grown a whole head of measurement!

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh dear. First shop to buy coats, gloves etc. Get the snow boarding stuff out 😂😂