Thursday 28 April 2016

Trouble at Mill

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNTY A. Hope you have a lovely day.

A sunny day that started off warm and got cooler. I think we had a frost overnight but nothing too bad. There are many many plants coming up, a sprinkling of daffs out (though I'm convinced I planted more than is out). The boys went to school in shorts again even though some are still in coats.

Grandad sent me a photo of the Bee Bicycle we gave him. It is now sitting on his front lawn.

Huffle had a nightmare of a day where everything he touched went wrong (keep away from me then!). He had trouble with some work data. The new Kodi TV crashed and needed updating but then got stuck half way through (he has logged a support call). Last night we couldn't get Netflix working properly (though to be fair that's not been working well since the last upgrade on Apple (we have a call open with them but they have not been very quick to respond). Smallest trainer had flappy bits which he glued last night but then came apart (we've tried gorilla glue Grandad!). The printer stopped working so he changed the cartridges, one of which splattered up the cream wall (had to be the Cyan). When he got the Printer working, the copier part refused to work and he had to do lots of tests and cleaning. He ended up flooding the cartridge holder in steaming hot water (which I then hairdryered to get dry). It works HAZAAAAAA. My phone stopped briefly but is fine now. Is there something misaligned with the planets today?

I had a slow start to my morning (for a change) and then Huffle and I managed a sneaky hour where we went out to the Dead Mans shop where I bought three games and a knitting stitch holder and Huffle bought two pairs of shorts, two pairs of joggers and a jacket. We noticed that the upstairs shop is now selling garden and patio stuff but only opens for two days starting tomorrow (If I remember I will have to get there in the morning and wrestle with the pensioners. We then popped to The Tire and bought some perennials, a box and a coriander. Can't plant them out just yet but soon.

I had a good tidy of the sun room that Huffle started yesterday and we moved things around and cleared out the boots. It needs a good clean but looks much better and we have opened the back door now there is less risk of snow. After lunch where we realised the KodiTv wasn't working, I went out and met Suffolk and Taff for a coffee. We had a good chat and decided we were going for a trip out to a fancy mall sometime soon.

I got home just as the boys were coming back. Smallest went to see MrsPiano who was busy helping someone else and Smallest had to stick his sheet music to some other paper. He made a right mess, which is why we needed the photocopier to work so we could make him a new one!!!! I made dinner, the boys tidied their rooms and put their clothes away and played on their tablets after piano practice (Smallest did. Small says he doesn't need to practice ha!).

After dinner we tried two of our new games. Blokus which Small won and UBuild Mousetrap which had the trap missing but we worked out you didn't need it. I won this one. It's different and playable. They were only a $1 each so we haven't wasted much really!

Tonight, Foxy Loxy visited us on his way to see Otto's chickens. He was a lovely thing and he came back later when we were doing a 'yes run'.

 

No comments: