Friday 1 April 2016

Birthday Beets and Paleo Bread

Today was a full busy day. After the boys went to school, I got ready, found my knitting and drove off to pick up TheEnglishRose and we both went off to knitting. There weren't too many people today and the mood was generally low. One lady had had a bearevement, another was suffering with Asthma and someone had vertigo. Oh dear. Everyone liked my sheep hats and I picked up some new wool to make something lovely for MrsElderflorMeadow. Rose and I had fun trying to wind balls of wool on the winding machine (we got ourselves into knots). Her husband left me a lovely note of Facebook about my TLC towards her, bless. I drove her home and then carried on to Suffolks house where she had prepared a Beetroot Soup for our lunch.

Suffolk is on a Paleo Non Dairy diet (not for weight loss but for pain management) and she requested my help with making a bread. She had made it previously but it was very crumbly and dry. We changed around a few ingredients and it came out really well. I gave her a few ideas how she could change it to make a fruit loaf and a Cinamon bread and a sweeter cake. We are going to have another session to see what else we can make.

When I got home, the boys were already home from school and were playing football in the garden. I put some ingredients in the bread machine for Pizza Dough and then we went out for an Adventure Walk with ClownRose, Mo and LittleFin. We left Huffle at home as he had some work to finish. We walked along the train track again (we know the train doesn't come until 7:30pm at least so we were safe). Before we got to the tracks we were telling the kids to be careful as the cars were going really fast trying to get to the beer store - naughty. I heard myself saying "quick lets get on the train tracks where it's safe....".

We decided to have a competition to see who could pick up the most interesting thing. We also said we were not going to walk in the mud and definitely not across the extmely muddy field that we got stuck in last time. We found interesting pieces of metal, amazing pieces of rock that could have been some sort of welding material that had hardened, stones and flowers. We bought some of them home but most got discarded because they were too heavy or we had too many. Overall Smallest won (Small was judging too) and I came second. We had a nice long walk and came home and made pizza.

Huffle wasn't feeling too good and Small was complaining of a sore throat. After our pizza in front of The Guardians of the Galaxy, I made them both a hot lemon, honey and ginger drink. Small went to bed with painkillers, extra water and aloe jelly.

 

 

No comments: