Monday 25 April 2016

Off they go......

Today was Grandma and Grandads last day. The boys got their own breakfasts (which I suddenly realised half way through the day that that means Small is not getting his usual fruit on his porridge - doh he duped me!).

After breakfast, Grandad and I left Huffle worrying over his reports, that he inadvertently ruined this morning and Grandma packing. We went to Johns Garden looking for bulbs for Grandad, the Bank for some cash and Richters looking for tea for Grandad to take back for me. We stopped at Hi-Hope farm for a pie for tea and a nice loaf of bread and came home for lunch. We persuaded Grandma and Huffle to come for lunch and went to Symposium for omelettes and salad. The waiter was all by himself and obviously struggling as the service was pretty bad. He introduced himself twice (at two different times, about two minutes apart), brought Huffle a Coke with no fizz in it twice and then gave up and gave him bad tap water instead. He brought my coffee (very weak tasting) with drips all down the outside of the mug (I'm hoping it was fresh and not yesterday's) and didn't say a word when we left. Luckily wavy lady (whose only job there seemed to be to ask if we were okay and wave energetically when we left) was very attentive. Still, it did the job and filled us sufficiently to get Huffle back home and into his reports again and Grandma to carry on her packing.

Grandad and I went off for one last adventure to see Quiche who had saved some pallets for Grandad. We were greeted by a notice board........

We picked up the best pallets we could fit in my car (Quiche said he would bring the others to us via a friend's van), said our goodbyes and headed home again. I had to honk at people twice today for pulling out in front of me. Stupid drivers! They don't even know I'm there despite the long hard honk I give them.

Pallets were moved into Grandads cave (smelly bugger trapped me in the Grandad Cave and trumped violently!) and then he packed his case.

The boys came home. Smallest had been handed a note that said "......your child has been notified that.......talent show.......if improvements have not been made in one weeks time they will be excused from the ......concert". Poor Smallest. I blame Grandma and Grandad having too much fun with them.

We moved all the bedrooms back to how they should be, Small from Smallest's room back to his own room with fresh bedding, Smallest from the loft into his own room with fresh bedding. After dinner they both swapped their clothes around too. Small is very much looking forward to his nice comfy big bed and I am looking forward to Snallest being downstairs so I don't have to go up the stairs to check on him at my bedtime.

MrsPiano came and helped Smallest with his talent show piece. She said he needed to work on it for fifteen minutes everyday and she will give him an extra practice in school tomorrow. She will also help him stick his sheet music to some thicker paper as he had trouble with it falling off the piano today. She said he will be fine.

When it was time for Grandma and Grandad to go, there were much hugs all around, lots of thank you's, a few tears and raspberries.

It has been a very quick three weeks and I think we fit a lot in. They had all sorts of weather from Snow to Burning Sunshine with rain, fog, hail and wind in between. Thank you both for all your hard work. It has been a good visit.

They got upgraded on the plane - lucky things (at least Grandma won't have to sit next to MrsMargoliesx2 on the way back this time).

I took the kids to Scouts/Cubs where they did egg protecting. Making a protector for an egg and then dropping it from a height. They enjoyed it. I got a rare moment of peace as I was completely home alone ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

 

No comments: