Sunday 3 April 2016

Clean Sweep

The wind during the night was horrendous. I thought we were in a hurricane. I was so worried I went downstairs to fetch my phone to see what the wind speed was and to see if we were on a 'weather warning'. (Damn that Huffle, his weatherness watch is wearing off on me). It was around 41kph which isn't so bad. I was actually worried that Huffles spinney thing might spin off and cause some serious damage, I had visions of it flying through our window and chopping our heads off. Too much watching Revenant last night (so graphic)!

Huffle still feels wobbly of tummy and Small's cold is in full mode. We had pancakes for breakfast and everyone pitched in to help. We were so late up that we didn't eat until 10am. Once breakfast was out of the way we set about tidying and cleaning. Today was Operation Grandma and Grandad. We moved Smallest's stuff up too the loft where he will now sleep for the next month. Small's stuff was moved into Smallest's room (he likes to be a part of the house and hear noises whereas Smallest sleeps so soundly it doesn't matter to him where he is). This included changing of bedding, clearing out of drawers and wardrobes, hoovering, dusting and general tidying. Plus bathrooms were given a deep clean, washing put on and hovering and dusting downstairs. All spick and span now. It took us until about 1:30 but it is all done now and ready for me to mop tomorrow. Phew.

I put this photo on as a laugh but as the day went on, it snowed and snowed and snowed. Eeeek. Our first trip with them migh be to buy boots and coats!

On a Sunday I always tune the radio to Chill Out or put our own Chill Out tunes on. Nicely calm and lovely. However, Smallest (in the middle of our cleaning morning) sneaked to the Radio and put Aerosmith on the IPod at full blast. Cheeky. Though it is better cleaning music than Chill Out!

After a late dinner, we Facetimed Grandma and Grandad. They are off tomorrow for a night in London before coming here. I knitted and the boys played on the Wii until they got grumpy with each other and then we all played Pictionary. We only have a North American version so some of the words are difficult. I think I might buy us a British one and we can mix it but make it obvious on the cards which one it is, seeing as we are bilingual now!

This is Smallest's drawing nd the word is 'Grandma'

The boys watched Britains Got More Talent (ummmmmm thanks Grandad). When Smallest saw older ladies stripping to their underwear he said "that's rubbish".

 

 

No comments: