Tuesday 26 April 2016

Full of frolicks and fiddle-de-dees

Last night we had an email from the football coach asking if any of the team wanted to play in an exhibition game against the team that caused us huge problems (threatening behaviour, following the coach home etc) at a place 45 minutes drive away (at least) at the start time of 8am (meaning turn up half an hour early). OMG get a life man! We declined but didn't give a reason and slowly watched the replies coming in from the 'try hards' saying "what fun" "yay we're in" etc. Huffle much later found out that it had been cancelled (though we are yet to hear that officially) due to it being Orthodox Easter and we have a number of Greek origin players. HA!

The boys forgot to get me up this morning and insisted I said I didn't want them to wake me. Who is going to make their lunch then? Who is going make sure they are ready for the bus? How do I get ready for work if I don't get up? Silly boys. Luckily, Huffle woke me. The bus was early too!

We had a text to say that Grandma and Grandad got home safely and had to drive through snow and rain. Whoops! Grandad left me his washing (just his work clothes he leaves here) thanks for that smelly present! We should have had snow today but the worst we got was rain.

I went to work and stayed in the greenhouse potting on Succulents and got to bring two little babies back with me. The boys really like them and we try to grow as many as we can. Jan was back and we had White Chocolate and Pecan Blondies - yummmmmm very nice.

Huffle worked hard at his usual work with some hoovering and tidying on his breaks (he's a good 'un). We had lunch together when I got home and watched 24 during his lunch break and then I went shopping briefly to pick up a few bits. Really I just needed some vegetables and fruit so I went to my usual supermarket but didn't want to come back the normal way (who knows why) and I got terribly lost on the way home. I ended up further away than when I started so I had to use my GPS. Stupid girl!

I made a soup for dinner and Facetimed Moo. We had a couple of weeks worth of catching up to do. The boys came home. Small is training with for the Baseball team at school (though is not officially in the team yet). He has to train at school on Tuesday's and Thursday mornings at 8am so I definitely will need to get up on those days to get him there. Smallest didn't get to have an extra piano practice for the talent show today as MrsPiano wasn't in her room but she has promised him one tomorrow at break time.

After dinner all the boys went off to Smallests football practice. Small and Huffle had a kick about while there. I rearranged the pantry (oh Grandad it looks so much better and everything is back where it should be he he) and sat and watched two episodes of Home Fires and knitted MrsElderflowerMeadows sock (one nearly finished), did some washing, folding and drying and a general clean and tidy of the kitchen.

 

No comments: