Tuesday 19 April 2016

Jerky Turkey

Another beautifully sunny warm day (though I heard a man say there was snow expected on Monday) where the boys went off in shorts again. I went to work and lightly dug the veggie beds, planted lettuce plants, parsnip and dill seeds and rutabaga (which is called Turnip here but is really Swede - that's not confusing!). I also moved many Snowdrops and Pulmonaria, helped with some computer issue and turned on the tap under the sink, being the only person under 60 years of age who could bend under the sink. I came home with a bag full of snowdrops, puschkinia and Scilla bulbs and Pulmonaria which I planted in the garden as soon as I came home. I brought Huffle some Flashy Troutback Lettuce plants too (his favourite) plus some parsnip and swede seeds - all planted.

Grandad had spent the morning making the kitchen drawer more usable (until he ran out of screws) and was busy 'doing' in the barn with some drain pipes! After dinner Grandad and I went to Home Depot, Canadian Tire and Costco where we got everything on our list. Food, treats for Grandad, screws, wood, gate stuff etc. While we were in Costco we sampled Almond Milk (yuk), granola, waffles with maple syrup, donut, biscuit, and Turkey Jerky (that obviously wasn't me!).

Happy with our purchases me we came home where Grandma was in the midst of cooking a Roast Pork dinner and Treacle Pudding.

After dinner everyone but Grandma went to the football where we watched Smallest practice without his coach who has mysteriously disappeared to Mexico. Grandad did some careful 'watching' of the team and made some interesting comments.

When we got back we asked Small to check his clothes were okay for his BandExtravanganza tomorrow. He has to wear all black. Eventually, he found his black jeans but they didn't really fit (I am sure I bought him some more but we can't find them anywhere, though I did find my missing aerobic gear from last week). I may have to go and buy him some more tomorrow.

 

No comments: