Wednesday 19 December 2012

Alcohol and Gingerbread

I woke up with a squeak of a voice this morning. Moo came down with a deep voice. Huffle went to work knowing it was his last day. He came home with many presents from is colleagues. From the comments on the cards, they like him very much.

Small went to school. Smallest, Moo and I breakfasted and then Moo went out to Mrs Royal's house and they drove to the forest and had a lovely walk with NoCustard. She thinks she's on holiday.

Smallest and I played ..........

..............and then got ready and went to the forest to pick her up.

We carried on to a town and did some shopping for Small's secret Santa present and then picked up some baking ingredients. Then we met Mrs R in the cafe we went into yesterday. Of course, Smallest wanted Hot Apple Cider and Chocolate Cake again. However, this time it wasn't a half slice, so we had four forks with it. Ummmm very nice.

We left Mrs R and had a quick look at a craft shop. It had gorgeous, expensive things on it. We went to the Beer Store and picked up wine, brandy (for cake and sauce), Malibu (Huffle's tipple) and Baileys (Mine and Moo's Christmas favourite). We went home, had lunch and started making gingerbread while smallest watched some TV.

We made biscuits for Smallest's assistant teacher and his supply teacher and biscuits for Small's two teachers and some for the bus driver (who incidentally gave the boys cards today and Smallest's said "thank you for being such a good boy on my bus". Ahhh that's nice! Small wanted to know why his didn't say that! Moo said it was because he was bigger! We also made enough gingerbread to make a house (tradition).

Smallest started decorating his biscuits and then got bored and played on the Wii. I went and drove 45 minutes away to a Mall to meet up with Huffle. I got there earlier than expected and Huffle was late so I walked around quite a but on my own checking things out. When he got there we got on with shopping. Mainly for my Chrismas presents from him. I pointed him in the right direction and let him make the final decisions. I have some lovely things. We picked up a few things for others too. (Huffle also did some Internet Christmas shopping for overseas earlier in the day).

Huffle and I had some dinner. I had a nine vegetable Linguine - umm ummm. Huffle had sandwich and soup. It was nice to be out on our own together, but we quickly got back to shopping. We did really well. By 6:30, we were tired and had been to all the shops we wanted to go in so we went home. Separate cars. I had no idea where I was going but used my phone sat Nav. I hate driving in the dark here. No cats eyes in the middle of the road (because of the snow ploughs), not many street lamps, lots of blinding lights coming the opposite way and I don't know the roads. Much happier when Huffle drives.

I got home first. I walked in and shouted Hellllloooooooo. Small came running down the stairs, smelling all clean and bathed. Both boys had had baths, dinner and were getting into bed. lovely. Moo was just reading to Smallest. All we had to do was give them cuddles and kisses and sit down to a ready made pot of tea. (And our bedclothes had been changed - I told Moo she could come again!).

We watched Phil Spencer Secret Agent, then cake boss the next great baker and ate some gingerbread. Yum.

 

 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love reading when you and Huddle have time together and that Huffle's colleagues like him, suspect they have a good deal of respect as well, well done Huffle. As for Moo, why on earth shiuld she think she's on Holiday??? x

Unknown said...

Oops, just read about Huddle, must do something about my fat fingers!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Huddle has got Aunt Pear in a Muddle! Are those pieces of carrots on your gingerbread??!!

Hugs
Brenda