Saturday 1 December 2012

Is it Pickle Jar?*

Huffle and I got up earlier than normal today as Smallest was due out of the house at 8:30 to deliver presents to the less fortunate from the Beavers. He went with his little friend from school and his friends Dad. He had a great time and they even stopped at Tim Horton's for TimBits (not MacDonalds as Smallest told them he doesn't like it there!!! - well done Smallest).

Small got up feeling poorly. His throat was hurting and he was losing his voice. We got ready and went out to the local Legion to have breakfast of Pancakes, Scrambled Egg, French Toast, Sausage. Lots of tables set out. Lots of people milling around. While we were in the middle of breakfast, the piano started playing Here Comes Santa Claus. In walked Santa. Small said "I think I know him!" I looked at Huffle and said quietly "That's that fat bloke that stands outside the Community Centre smoking". And it was, Small heard me and said, Oh yes, I thought I recognised him. Huffle said "well he can't be everywhere all the time, he has to have people who do his job for him at the smaller events". There was a very big queue to sit with Santa and Small wasn't bothered so we left there and headed for the local town.

I took them to the consignment shop to look at my lovely Green Chair and the sofas. We saw the sofas first. Small sat on one and Huffle sat on the other. Small liked the sofa and Huffle said "umm, yeah, well, maybe when it comes down a bit more..............." We checked the ticket and we need to wait until 5th December for it to come down in price. However, we talked about it later and Huffle thinks we should have something a bit more slouchy and comfortable rather than sit-uppy. I know what he means. We will think about it again on the 5th December if they are still there. Next I took them to see the chair. Huffle sneered at it and said it was an old persons chair, Small sat in it and wouldn't get out because it was soooo comfy. Huffle sat in it, looked at the price and said, "yes, buy it!" WAHOOOOOOO. We bought the green chair and headed to bulk barn for treats for the Advent Calendar.

Small was feeling worse so we went home. We put him in a hot bath, with a drink of hot Ribena, watching Alice in Wonderland on the IPad. Then he got his PJ's on and lay on the settee with a blanket. Smallest came home and we all had lunch and watched Polar Epress - that's it now, it's really nearly Christmas. We skyped Grandma and Grandad.

We all played Creationary and made many wonderful things.

Palm tree, helicopter, digger and the Great Wall of China (mine). *Smallest said "is it a pickle jar?" When I was making a lightbulb!!

Then we played Prehistoric Park - Small won. I never even got out of the first square. Booooo!

The boys went and played on the Wii. I went upstairs and made bunting and Huffle sat with me and played on the IPad.

After a while, Huffle went and ironed and watched Stoke beat West Brom (boing boing boing), Smallest helped me make dinner and then the boys soaked their feet again.

Smallest said "looks like your boobs if they were together Mummy!" nice!

We all ate dinner and then Huffle and the boys finished watching the football while I tidied the kitchen, put the bunting up and added a few Christmas Hearts I found.

We had a game of Junior Scrabble - I won. Smallest coloured in and Small watched wrestling and then they went to bed. Huffle and I cycled, played on the Wii and I definitely beat him at Table Tennis tonight (and I'm not even lying!!!!).

 

No comments: