Thursday 6 December 2012

Shop till you drop

I had a terrible night's sleep. I was awake between the hours of 3:55 and 5am because of the water softener. Arrrggghhhh. And every time I woke up before that, I was checking that Huffle was breathing. What a nightmare.

When I got up it was cold. The ice on the inside of the sun room was covering the windows.

This icicle was still there when the boys got home and they threw a football up there to knock it down!

The boys went off to school. Huffle had a little lie-in, breakfast and then settled himself in front of the Golf with instructions to rest, rest, rest. I went off and did some Christmas Shopping. I started in a supermarket and picked up lots of bits, no food (that was later). Then I went to Homesense (winners or TKMaxx) and picked up some lovely things. I had parked in the middle of the strip mall and so had to walk backwards and forwards to the car. It was freezing but I felt better than driving from one shop to the other.

I saw this and wanted to buy it but knew Huffle would complain as we already have three grapevine wreaths. I wonder if I can recreate it?

Next I had a coffee and a toasted bagel at Tim Horton's (not my favourite but I was desperate). Next was the Tire. I picked a few Christmas presents in there and Marks, reloaded my car and popped into Dollarama. I bought the boys a Nutcracker man each. They both really like them (though they scare Huffle) so they had them today. Smallest put his in his room and Small put his in the living room.

I went back to the supermarket and picked up some food and then as I was attempting to drive home I noticed a windscreen replacement man in the car park. $70 and 20 minutes. I left the car with him and went back into The Tire. I bought some more drawers for the loft. A Bargain. I went back to the car and he was having trouble filling the crack in my windscreen. I paid, he filled it again, and again and again. Then I drove home. Huffle was bored. He is not very good at relaxing. He had watched golf, cricket (in the bath), attempted to clean his car but was too tired after one side!

On the way home Small rang me from school to ask if they were supposed to go on the bus or wait for me to take them to the library. I said I would pick them up. Then when I got home I didn't want to go out again so I rang school and asked them to come in the bus. They must think I'm stupid!!!!

I put all the shopping away, had a cup of tea with Huffle and waited for the boys. We skyped Grandma to see if a package we received was for now or Christmas and the boys opened their nutcrackers. Small did his homework, Smallest blogged and then we skyped Aunt and Unc Pear.

Unc Pear doing the duck face!

Smallest helped me fill the dishwasher - his new job is to put the tablet in and turn it on. He loves it.

We all had dinner. The boys played on the Wii. I went and organised my new drawers. Huffle did some online Christmas Shopping and rescued the kitchen when the dishwasher had black smoke coming out of it (a rubber spatula had fell onto the heating element and melted).

The boys went to bed. I cycled and played Mario Bros, had a shower and sat down and crocheted for the rest of the evening.

Thank you to all those who asked about Huffle today. I passed on everyone's thoughts. He is okay,still tired. I think it would've been better to have given him the monitor straight away as he has too long to think about it. Still, we have to wait and there is nothing we can do about it.

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for skypinglast night lovely to chat, Huffle did look a little tired but hopefully few days more rest will buck him up, esp as Moo arrives tomoro. Take care. Off to read boys'' blog. x

Anonymous said...

Good to hear that Huffle is resting, hopefully it's just stress and nothing physical, although I know that stress isn't good for you either. Ooh, did I read from Aunt Pear that Moo arrives tomorrow? Bet you're looking forward to that. I had a stone thrown up at me by a lorry last week, hit my windscreen so hard there's a 7" crack in it now, didn't half make me jump! Can't be fixed unfortunately so that's a new windscreen to fork out for, must see what the insurance says.

Hugs
Brenda