Tuesday 4 December 2012

Winter Tyres - check

It seems everyone slept better last night - thank goodness.

It started out as a mild day and ended in very wet rain. The boys went off to school (computer banned in mornings for now as teeth cleaning wasn't being done properly). Smallest and I sat and started a puzzle, Small put some clothes away and then played with Rush Hour. They went off to school. Drew some lovely pictures on the windows. Smallest went to school looking like 'where's Wally' going to a Stoke match.

Small and Wally (Waldo) waiting for the bus

I had to take my car to the local Garage to get the Winter Tyres put on and the girl who works there took me home as I needed to be there to take delivery of a new Cooker. The time of delivery was between 7am and 5pm. At 10:30 I got a call to say it would be within the next hour. So I tried to unplug it but the plug was so big, I couldn't pull it out. I called Mr Royal who came along on his 'White Horse' to help me. He thought we should turn the fuse off first and then he managed to get the plug out. What would I do without him?

I had a good clean behind it and out a sign up to say "no mice please, it's new and I do not appreciate droppings in the warming drawer, warm though it may be!!!"

I crocheted, swept, swiffed, mopped, dusted and crocheted. After an hour, they arrived. They took the old one out. Asked if I just wanted it put on the kerb - YES, did I want to give them a tenner to take it away - NO, would I mind if they just took it anyway? IF YOU WANT! Cheeky muppets. They ask you when you buy a new appliance if you want to pay for them to take it away. I can't remember how much it costs. Then the drivers ask if they can take it away for a tenner (presumably straight in their pockets) and then they take it anyway (Probably make some money from it). oh well, at least it has gone and I don't have to ring the City to take it away.

Old vs New

It was very complicated and took me ten minutes to work out how to boil the kettle for a cup of tea. I spoke to Grandma and she suggested I sat down with a cup of tea and the instructions. It's a bit complicated but simple really. I got a call from the garage to say that they rang Huffle by mistake and she told him I needed my brakes sorting. He told them to go ahead. She rang and said it was ready and could pick me up if I needed. I decided to walk even though it was pouring with rain.

I got wet through, paid the bill, picked up my car and drove home. I studied the instructions a bit more, made a Rice Pudding for Small (his favourite) and then made a Tuna Bake for dinner. While I was cooking the potatoes, they started boiling so I pressed the button marked 'simmer' and it instantly stopped boiling - clever!

The boys came home and played some more Rush Hour while I finished dinner and tidied up. They set the table for me and played on the Wii till dinner time.

Small had trouble at school again with someone hiding his coat AGAIN. He spoke to one of the teachers that he knew would do something about it. The two boys (from both days) we called to see the teacher. Lets hope something will be done. On Saturday, Huffle and I have been invited out to KP & A's house for KP's birthday. One of the boys parents (that hid his coat yesterday) will be there. That should be interesting!

I had a call from Smallest's teacher to say that Smallest and a girl had bumped heads and Smallest had a purple mark above his eye. i didnt even notice. but now I can see it, it looks awful. It was an accident.

This is after we had iced it for a half an hour. May be a black eye or a bruise tomorrow!

The boys and I had dinner together. Huffle came home and grabbed a quick cup of tea before running off with Small to take him to Rock Climbing with the cubs. Smallest and I played Rush Hour and watched The Gruffalo and then played Mario Kart.

I put him to bed, read two stories and waited for Huffle and Small to come home. I also crocheted. Trying to finish an imp for Smallest's Christmas present.

Just found a mouse in a trap. Yuk, please move it Huffle!

Small had a fabulous time rock climbing. Huffle was his belayer and encourager. It was very hard work but he loved it.

 

 

P.s. a little note for Gromma (who thinks I am not Canadian enough!!!!).

Hey buddy, today I got my tires changed. Now I'm good to go. I used my stovetop kettle on my new range. I didn't have to put the old one out for the garbage. Yeeeeaaaaahhhhh, then I broiled the top of the potadoes to make them reaaal crispy. My purse that holds my change purse is falling apart as I use it all the time. When I picked up my truck from the gararrrge downtown in the Hamlet, it was raining so I wore my wet wicker and my rubber boots. Gotta run now, My cell is ringing. See ya maaaam. X

 

3 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

Not bad but you forgot.....Eh....LOL

Wet Wicker s/b Raincoat

Unknown said...

Cooker looking real good buddy. fingers xd that the coat thing with Small sorted soon. He looked good on the wall glad he enjoyed it. Beavers seems to have been a real plus for them both. Yeh. x

Anonymous said...

"It started out as a mild day and ended in very wet rain"... As opposed to what, very dry rain??? Lol. Love the new cooker, very smart, ours is getting a bit long in the tooth now too at 13, but it hasn't conked out yet! The mice are going to be in heaven in that warming drawer, you may as well put some bedding in there!!

Hugs
Brenda