Sunday 2 December 2012

Sundaes on a Sunday

Huffle and I watched the final of I'm a Celebrity last night. I resisted the urge to look at my phone as I was following Ant & Dec on Instagram. I was convinced Ashley was going to win but I guess that Charlie is British and in a very popular soap. It has been very entertaining this year and we thank the person who put the whole series on YouTube - Brilliant. Now we are going to see if we an find Idiot Abroad 3.

Huffle and I got up late this morning and had a proper lie-in - lovely.

We all stayed in our PJ's till lunchtime. It rained most of the day so there seemed no point in getting dressed to go out. We had breakfast and then the games began. Smallest and I did an old puzzle of Small's. it is a lovely old wooden mickey mouse one. I told them I would never get rid of it and they asked why. I WILL SAVE IT FOR YOUR CHILDREN AND THEY WILL SAY 'DID YOU REALLY PLAY THIS DAD?' (I used a little baby voice), Small said " I think my children will be a bit more mature than that Mummy!" OH YOU DO, DO YOU? We played giant MrMen snakes and Ladders and then PopUp Pirate, Don't Say It and Build a Beetle.

Aunty A skyped and I was excused from playing while I chatted to her upstairs away from the noise. The three boys played two games of Jenga.


Huffle came up and said he'd had enough and let them play on the Wii to give him some space, and he disappeared up in the loft. I joined him and we were skyped by Grandma, Madamme Courvoissier and Grandad. I did a bit of crochet and then we went downstairs, made a roast dinner and put some decorations up outside.

We had dinner and then settled down and watched The Grinch. Half way through we stopped for ice cream sundaes.

We finished watching the film. Huffle e-bay'd for Christmas presents and I crocheted. We went into the basement and went through all the games and moved out the ones we don't play anymore (Garage Sale next year). We had a four way game of table tennis and were just about to start their tea when someone knocked at the front door. It was the mum of one of Smallest's friends from school (a different one to Fridays visit). She knew it was late but wondered if he wanted to go and play at their house. He was overjoyed. He had something to eat there and played and watched a bit of a video (funnily enough they were watching The Grinch too).

While he was out Small, Huffle and I played Ticket to Ride and Scrabble. It was his first proper Scrabble game. He loved it (Moo will be pleased).

Smallest came home very excited. His friend asked when he could play here. We are going to set something up. It's weird. One minute they have no friends and the next they are knocking at the door. Maybe we needed to get past that first year. PHEW!

We finished our scrabble game, Smallest tried to calm down by doing a puzzle and then we put them to bed. Read stories, tucked them in and then sat downstairs drank tea, shopped on the Internet and played table tennis. Now I did lie yesterday when I said I beat Huffle, but today I very nearly did. I don't want you to think I am crying 'wolf', I am getting better and it was very close tonight.

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So pleased the boys making friends, will make a big difference to them. Great. Grandma and I were going to see HB this week but she needs to hand work in and as she worked yesterday as ambassador at Open Day, (they pay well ) she a teeny bit behind, so we not going, so am sorting papers, boring!

AA said...

Yay for more Scrabble players in the world!!

xx