Friday 7 December 2012

Ooooh yeh bewteh*

I slept badly. I was awoken by, what I thought, was one of the boys singing, which in fact was owls. I jumped out of bed. It was freaky. Huffle told me what it was really and I tried to go back to sleep, acutely aware that it was nearing that horrible time when the Water Softener started. I think I must have fallen asleep just before it went off. I also woke up smelling smoke and Huffle went off to investigate - apart from that he slept fairly well.

Smallest got up just after 7am and Small stayed in bed till 7:30. They had breakfast and went off to school. Smallest went off to Eniskillen today (I thought that was in Ireland!). It rained for most of the day, luckily swimming is over for a while. It's horrible bringing the boys out of swimming with wet hair when it is freezing outside.

I went off to a lady's house in the Hamlet for coffee. We had a really nice chat. She is lovely. We are going to do it again. She has a gorgeous house. Very English looking.

I drove from hers and went straight to my knitting group. I got quite a bit of sock knitted. We had a real laugh there today too.

Huffle met me when I finished and he took me for lunch. We had a gorgeous Fish and Chips, tucked away in a little alcove. It was lovely. When we finished, we went to a charity shop and bought Huffle a jumper for 'Ugly Jumper' day at work and he managed to pick up a pair of Calvin Klein Jeans for $4. I was disappointed that the Christmas shop was closed - ran out of stock! We also found a lovely bakery that made yummy cakes and biscuits and we took a box home. Beautiful shortbread and Cinamon buns and Christmas biscuits for the boys.

Why does it make him look older?

We skyped Grandma and Madamme Courvoissier. We were talking about her and Grandad when they first met and she said he said "ooooh yer bewteh". I wasn't sure how to spell it and Huffle told me about a site that had Leicester Dialect. We looked it up and laughed about the words (most of which we knew).

*As taken from http://www.bbc.co.uk/leicester/around_leicester/2002/11/leicester_dialect_collins_english_dictionary.shtml

Huffle watched the cricket while we waited for the boys to come home. I went and visited the Royals and picked up some Teazels we cut in the forest. She is going to come over later or tomorrow to help me create the outside urns and make them Christmassy. Smallest had had a good visit to his farm but can't tell me much about it because he can't remember. He had made a gorgeous star out of milk weed seed pods.

We went into the loft and made Moo's bed, put away the train track and generally tidied up. Smallest and I made a Welcome Banner to take to the airport tomorrow and Small made some paper snowflakes for her room.

 

The boys had their dinner and Huffle sorted through a huge pile of paperwork. This evening we listened to Michael Buble sing Christmas songs (bit early for songs but they boys liked it!).

Small's friend rang at 6pm to see if he wanted come over. I drove him there, had a chat with his mum about school etc and came home. Huffle and Smallest were playing on the Wii. I went on the bike and crocheted and played a little bit. Huffle did some more sorting. He has made the computer room much more organised and tidy. I told him he should work from home now as it wouldn't be so stressful. He wasn't sure!!

Smallest went to bed, Huffle read to him. I got our tea and Small came home. He had had a great time. He went to bed and we watched TV. Elementary - brilliant.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love Smallest's star and the banners for Moo,not long now. A good day all round. HB & I off to Wistow ths afternoon with M&M. Browsing followed by tea, cake & chatter ...Nice. x

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Ooooh yer bewteh reminds me of nanna. Must look up that site! Love the jumper.

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Ooooh yer bewteh reminds me of nanna. Must look up that site! Love the jumper.