Tuesday 11 December 2012

What No Custard?

Huffle, Moo and I watched half a film last night. it was called Pay it Forward with Helen Hunt, Kevin Spacey and little Haley Joel whatsisname. It was really good, but very long (not helped by the constant adverts which Moo timed - it was 18 minutes before the last lot of adverts..........15 minutes since the ones before! Etc etc. we are watching the rest this evening.

Good night's sleep.

The boys went off to work and school. Moo and I had breakfast, got changed and drove, with Mrs Royal, to the forest where we met Drew and NoCustard.

Mrs R, Drew, Moo, Me
I don't know where NoCustard was.
It was -5 but gorgeous.

Lovely paths and trees
Snowy logs, fungi and bat house
Plenty of photo opportunities. It was a lovely walk and we really enjoyed it.

I we came home, got changed, finished off the coffee and then drove to my foot man to pick up my orthotics. $500 for two small pieces of plastic (I'm sure they are much more than that). He suggested I wore them for one hour today, two hours tomorrow and so on and so on, until I was wearing them all day. I put them in my boots and we drove to the nearby mall and walked around. The inserts hurt my foot badly. I kept it in for over an hour and then took them out. Moo and I bought some blinds for my bedroom windows in the sale. We both bought some 'house pants' - every Canadian has some and we didn't want to be left out. Huffle has some lovely (ahem) polar bear ones. Won't we look a picture Christmas morning?

We saw Santa

Then drove home. I soaked my feet which made them feel much better. We put the stuff away and waited for the boys to come home. Smallest was tired after a late night last night at beavers. They received a package from Grandma and played with their new cards.

Moo had brought the boys some Bionicles from home (the ones they had at her house) and Moo, Smallest and I built one while Small did his homework.

I made Leek & Potato Soup for the grown ups and burgers for the kids. The boys played with their cards again, Huffle and Moo played Table Tennis until the boys interrupted and then the four of them played table football while I went on the bike.

Moo put the boys to bed and Huffle and I had two very close games of table tennis.

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Stunning photos. Make sure you are a photo of Huffle in his Canadian pants Christmas day, something to look 4wd2!! x