Friday 14 December 2012

Put that chair down!

Huffle went to work still attached to his monitor. Small went off to school. -5. Temperature went up to 7* later. Moo sorted out the recycling and put all the rubbish out.

She is actually wearing her short PJ's and snow boots but not sure you can see from this photo.

Moo, Smallest and I had breakfast and then I went off to my knitting group and left them sorting Smallest's bedroom. They rearranged his drawers. Smallest tried on lots of things and they put aside all the things he no longer wears or are too small. Job well done!

I had a great time at knitting. My sock looks more like a sock everyday. We had a laugh, lots of chat, coffee and a chocolate biscuit. I left there and went straight home, picked up Moo and Smallest and we drove into town and had a toasted bagel. We walked to the Thrifty Store but there wasn't much there.

We went into a Christmas shop. Lots of lovely things but we didn't buy anything. We went on the park. Smallest swung, slid and climbed ...................

..................and then we all played Pooh Sticks.

We drove to a nearby lake and found the Chocolate Shop. Moo bought us some lovely chocolates and fudge. We decided to save them till we got home. Smallest ate his reindeer and we tried the fudge but it had Cinamon in it (yuk) so I had to try a Chocolate instead - ummmmmmmm. Very nice.

Smallest entred a draw to win the chocolate Santa - it was huge.

He wanted to walk down to the lake and eat his chocolate but it was too cold to stand around outside

We came home, played the fishing game until Small came home. While I was out today, Moo had a call from the school to say that Smallest would not be in school on Tuesday as they were striking. I thought that meant that they finished on Tuesday for Christmas. I panicked a bit because I haven't finished Christmas Shopping yet and I can't do it with the boys home. Anyway, it is just for the Tuesday, which is annoying as Smallest's next school day is Tuesday and that means he is off for a whole week, in for two days and then off for Christmas - ridiculous. Small is pleased that he gets a day off. I said we could do something. Go to the Zoo or sledging, depending on the weather.

The boys played with Moo and then went on their DS' or IPads. Moo and I made dinner. We made Veg Balls and Meatballs and Pasta.

They are playing 'close your eyes table football' here

Moo and I played a few games of table tennis and then Small joined us. Moo and Small played together. We all had dinner. Huffle is at his Christmas Party this evening. It is a formal affair - very unlike many English Office parties he has been to. He has had to go in full suit, will have to make speeches and no-one is allowed to get overly drunk and especially not get too silly! It is a sackable offence to dance with a chair (Captain!).

After dinner we all went and played on the Wii. We introduced Moo to Mario Bros. It was very funny as she had no idea what she was doing or why she was doing it. I think she secretly enjoyed it. I think there will be lots more games, especially when we are away in NY.

The boys went and chilled out in front of the TV and Moo and I played another game of table tennis. Then we sat and blogged/read magazines. I have a sore throat and feel headachey and a bit washed out. I am either getting a bad throat or I will have a cold tomorrow. Moo and I are off to Toronto tomorrow and leaving all the boys at home. No doubt they will stay in their Pj's all day. (Yes Aunt Pear, Lounge Pants/House pants are the same as Pj bottoms. But here they tend to wear them around the house more, hence the name House Pants. Moo and I can't get used to wearing them in the day though. We only wear them once early evening is upon us!).

 

 

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to see you are keeping standards up and only wearing the 'pants' in the evening, wouldn't like to think you had gone native! Have a good weekend and enjoy your girls day out today. x