Monday 17 December 2012

'I've been good'

Not a bad nights sleep. I knocked the tissue box over at some point in the night. I think Huffle slept better. I didn't hear the boys or Moo. Huffle and I watched an early episode of Brat Camp on YouTube which was entertaining.

I woke up feeling yuk but knew we had Christmas Shopping to do. Small went off to school knowing he would be off tomorrow and really looking forward to it.

Moo, Smallest and I had breakfast, Smallest played on the IPad while Moo and I dried our hair and then we went out to a not-too-far-away Mall. Our aim was to finish off Huffle's presents. Which we almost did in the first shop we went in. We were very pleased with ourselves. We even picked up some more lounge/house pants for ourselves (though when we tried them on later at home, we weren't very happy with them, so hopefully Huffle's stuff is better made). We bought our 'pants' in the final sale which means we can't take them back, so they have been put into the 'bunting' pile. What a disappointment!

Christmas lights in the Mall

We picked up some stuff for the boys for Christmas and one of their birthdays (Moo likes to think ahead as Smallest's and Huffle's birthdays are in February/March, so she gets their presents before she goes and leaves them here - less postage and less carrying by others - then when she comes back in the Summer, she sorts out Small's and my birthday - October, very organised and yet practical too). Smallest also spent his money and bought himself a Lightsaber Book.

"Can I have that one?"

We stopped off for a coffee (and a mini cup cake for Smallest), waved at Santa, who incidentally waved a lot at Smallest ..............

Woohoo Santa, I'm up here.

..................and then shopped in a few more shops. We were tired and hungry by nearly 1pm and stopped for a bagel and a juice before carrying on home.

Smallest played on the IPad while Moo and I wrapped up Huffle's presents, labelled them and Smallest put them under the tree for us.

I sat and cut out labels from all of last years Christmas Cards. Small came home, he had had a good day. The boys made Christmas cards for Huffle and I which were very special.

The kids played their Star Wars Card Game, then argued about it. Smallest played in his bedroom by himself and Small carried on the game. I blogged and then I got dinner. We played Shave the Sheep.

Huffle came home, he has found us somewhere to stay in NY, however it is not a very high star rating and is very outdated - everywhere central had been bought. On the up side, it is very very close to Times Square. Fingers crossed! We all had dinner, the boys played table tennis and then Huffle took Smallest to Beavers.

Moo, Small and I played Scrabble and Huffle joined us when he got back. Huffle won, Small couldn't sit still, I blew my nose and sneezed and Moo did her crossword in between goes.

Small went to bed. Smallest came home, he had made a Christmas tree from handprints. This is the last session until after Christmas when they will both have a meeting for their investiture where they will receive their neckerchief.

 

No comments: