Wednesday 12 December 2012

Egg Exploding Microwave

The grown ups finished watching the film last night. Very good but a sad ending.

Good night's sleep.

Huffle went to work and served up Pancakes to his staff. 'Staff Appreciation Day'.

Yeah maaaan!

Small went off to school. Smallest and Moo stayed at home and cleaned themselves ........

.........and played games. I went to the post office and spent over $30 on postage. If you do not receive a Christmas Card from us, please do not be offended. At $1.80 per card, it is too much. If you do receive one from us, hopefully it gets there in time as I missed the recommended sending day by 8 days. Whoops.

After posting the cards, I went and did a huge food shop. It was easy with no-one 'helping'. I forgot to take my shopping bags with me so had to load it all into boxes, which were heavy. I had a chat with an Italian man who told me how to choose the best chestnuts. I then popped to another supermarket on the way home and picked up a few things for Christmas.

I got home in time for lunch. Moo and Smallest were just playing the fishing game. We all put the shopping away, made lunch and sat in front of Robin Hood whilst eating. Moo and I then set about making Small's bedside table up. It was quite complicated but we managed it. Especially once Smallest started helping.

Small now has a lovely bedside table and he is very pleased with it.

We made a start on some gingerbread for Smallest's teacher as she goes away on holiday next week. The first batch we made, we missed out the sugar. Then tried to add it at the end, it was not good. Moo suggested we put it to one side, make some more and see if we could do something with it later (like eat it ourselves!!). We made another batch, this time with sugar, baked them in the new oven which wouldn't work properly!!!!!!! They came out beautifully and cooked in half the normal time. We made a couple of shapes out of the first mixture, baked them and ate them and decided they were nice, just looked a little different.

Smallest started to decorate them and Small came home. He did some homework and then decorated some of his own.

Moo and I then started dinner. We had pizza as the kitchen was full of flour, tins, sprinkles etc etc. the boys played for a bit after attempting to clean up their mess.

Huffle came home. We all ate pizza (some was burnt because one minute it wasn't cooked and the next..... "What's that steam pouring from the cooker?" Ahhh it's not steam, it's smoke. Oh Pizza's cooked then! Whoops burnt! New cooker, still getting used to it. Took me a year to work out the old one and just as I was able to cook perfectly in it, I go and get a new one.

The kids and Huffle watched TV. Moo and I finished decorating the gingerbread (we didn't eat too much!). Moo put the boys to bed while Huffle and I played a couple of games of Table Tennis. I cycled and crocheted while Moo and Huffle played and then we all played each other. Phew, tired now.

I sat and blogged. Moo sat and did her emails and Huffle had a bath.

 

* Moo, Smallest and I had egg sandwiches for lunch. One of the eggs wasn't hard boiled and a bit runny. Stupidly, I put it in the microwave, pressed start and /~* POP *~\ the egg had exploded. What a mess! Moo cleaned it beautifully. Shiny new.

 

No comments: