Wednesday 26 December 2012

'To Boxes'

Huffle, Moo and I played Scrabble and Cards last night whilst indulging in Christmas Cake and other bits and bobs. We stayed up past midnight. Dirty stop ups!

We all got a lie-in this morning (we got woken by Darth Maul wielding a double ended lightsaber - scary). Breakfast was very late.

The mask part is horrible but he wouldn't stay still with it on. Moo said she was pleased she was already awake as it may have frightened her a bit!!!

Mousetrap was set up, Bionicles were made, table tennis was played, and there was even some exercise done on the bike and Eliptical.

Then we donned our snowsuits and walked all the way to the back garden. Sledging......

C'mon Smallest, pull harder. 'But Moo, you must have put on ten pounds since you've been here!'
Just get on with it!
I'll pull it up, you push me down!

Can you snowboard on a tea tray?

Snowboarding.......

Daddy, help me
Let me just get my board on
Do I have to open my eyes yet?
Should I aim towards the fire pit?
Where are my poles?

Someone move the fence, quick

Falling over.......

Ouch
Whoops

Does my bum look big?

Snowballing.......

Yer little @&£@&£

Bit of chatting, and coaching....

Smallest got cold first and had to go in so Moo went with him. I had a last couple of go's and then we all went in, got dry, warm and had lunch. After lunch the boys played on the Wii, and Huffle, Moo and I had a taste challenge. Moo had brought us some After Eights and Grandma and Grandad brought us some Tesco Mint Thins.

We all agreed that the After Eights won. The Chocolate on the Tesco Chocolate Mint Thins was too thick and less superior and there was not enough filling. Tasting over, Huffle watched Stoke beat Liverpool and Moo and I played scrabble. In the middle of our game, Small's friend Cog rang to see if he could go over and play. Moo and I got our snow stuff on again and walked him to his house. We chatted with Cog's Dad and then walked back, past the Gargantuan houses and along the railway line. It was a tough walk but good. Our faces and thighs were frozen. I didn't think I had my phone so I didn't take photos.

I played with Smallest on the Wii (Moo watched and tried to work out what was going on!). Huffle joined us. I got to Skype Message the lovely Mrs Jumbles for a few hours through the evening. It was nice to catch up as we haven't spoken or emailed for a while. Don't be a stranger Mrs Jumbles, I enjoyed our chat.

Moo and Smallest read some puzzle books while Huffle and I made dinner. Just a reheat of much of the stuff from yesterday. Small stayed at his friends for dinner. Moo and I finished off our scrabble game - I lost

The photo above has been added while I was away (at Moo's request because this is the first time (its not the first time, says Moo)she has won EVER!), I'll let her have her moment of glory, it won't last. (It will says Moo).

Small came home from Cog's. They had played on the XBox. His Mum brought him home, met Moo and told her to call her whenever she wanted while Huffle and I were away. That's nice.

Smallest went to bed in a grump this evening. He had been reading to Huffle and he got a word wrong. Huffle told him what the word should be, Smallest didn't like being told and tried to hit his head on Huffle. Huffle told him off, Smallest stormed off and cried. All is well now, sorry's have been said. We don't know whether Smallest missed Small while he was at his friends. Smallest came down and asked if his lights could be put on. I went up with him. I knocked on the bathroom door and Small came out. He looked down at Smallest and said 'Hello, you alright?' I asked if he would cuddle him (a rare thing for the boys to do!). He did. I said 'ah I think he's missed you'. "No I haven't" said Smallest. Ah bless them.

Moo, Huffle and I played a different version of scrabble, not using the board. It was a quick game with no worrying about what squares certain letters went on. I won't say who won, else Moo might get grumpy!

There is an 80% chance of snow 5 - 10cm overnight and then more tomorrow morning. Flurries on Friday, Saturday, Monday. We should get something.

No comments: