Sunday 16 December 2012

More Tissues Please

Moo, Huffle and I played Scrabble last night. We were all too tired to stay up and were all in bed by 10pm. We know how to party on a Saturday night! Huffle and I watched the Christmas episode of The Royle Family. So funny. I actually fell asleep before the end.

Huffle and I didn't sleep well. Small came in and disturbed us with a tummy ache. I was sneezing and blowing my nose all night long keeping us both awake. Huffle got up very early with Small and got him breakfasted and ready for his Cubs activity this morning at 8am in the forest. It had rained all night and was very wet. We knew he would need sturdy boots. His snow boots have been making him walk funny and hurt his heels and his trainers would get soaked through. Huffle tried my walking boots which were too small for me. They fit perfectly, were waterproof and comfy. It's a good job Huffle thought of them as he ended up wading through a stream, climbing trees and balancing on rocks. He had a fabulous time and wouldn't stop talking about it all through dinner. We think cubs is a really good thing for him to do. No-one else turned up this morning because of the weather. Just English rain-accepting Small and his English rain-enduring leader and the leaders children. But Small loved it all.

Meanwhile, I sat and blew my nose so many times I think I may have lost three pounds. Moo woke up with no voice - hallelujah. It came back after a hot drink and breakfast. She sang to show us it was back. She couldn't sing before she lost it, why would she think she can sing now???? Huffle went to the hospital after depositing Small in the forest and took back his monitor. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long to get the results back.

Smallest, Moo, Huffle and I had breakfast and then we played Dino Top Trumps which we abandoned in the end because it went on for too long. Ghostly Galleon was next. We also payed Pictureka A-Z. very funny seeing what people tried to get agreed. Smallest played on his DS while Moo and I played scrabble and Huffle looked for hotels for New York, which is proving difficult as it is a busy time of year.

Small came back, wet, dirty, happy and hungry. Moo washed all his stuff ready for tomorrow. Then we got dinner ready and all ate together. We had a vegetable Quiche which we made and a quiche I bought for Small (Spinach his fave), small roasted rosemary potatoes and veg.......and for pudding RooPooPie (Rhubarb and Strawberry Pie) with custard and ice cream. Yum yum.

We had just cleared up and were playing Take Two (a scrabble based game) when Mrs Burlington Bertie and Muffin arrived. They had had a nightmare of a journey. We swapped presents. Small got a science game for his birthday and I got a Cranberry Candle, Cranberry Fudge and Cranberry Jam. Lovely. May try them later.

The kids all played downstairs together on the Wii while we chatted lots and caught up. Mr BB was absent as he was rehearsing for his part as Won Long Poo in Pantomime. We won't say anything about the name being appropriate or anything!!

When they left for the long drive home, we all played the new game while the kids had their tea. It was full of information about snot, bogies (boogars) etc but was good. The kids liked it.

The boys went off and watched TV, we played Scrabble, ate fudge (yum) and drank tea. Another wild night in!

This bell was left by Santa a few years back after we watched Polar Express.

 

I have been wearing my Lounge/House Pants all day. Terrible. My excuse is I have been poorly. I did have a wash and get out of my PJ's to put them on. Good enough?

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great chill out day, it rained here too most of the weekend, where's the bloomin snow!!! They started the show with Get Off Of My Cloud! Also played Wild Horses, Dead Flowers, Jumpin Jack Flash, Brown Sugar, Honky Tonk Woman, Gimme Shelter, Sympathy For The Devil, Satisfaction..... great show. A few guests on stage with them, Lady Gaga, John Meyer, Springsteen and The Black Keys, might be one worth buying on dvd. Hope the cold goes away, my voice hurts a bit this morning but we were all singing and yelling along like a bunch of groupies!!

Hugs
Brenda