Monday 3 December 2012

Dirty Paws

We had an awful nights sleep last night - all of us. I struggled to get to sleep and then kept waking up. Huffle was restless. Small coughed like a seal. Smallest thought he heard footsteps at his door, ran into us and ended up in between us for a while till I had to take him back to bed. All very tired this morning.

Huffle went off to work and tried to book some flights for us (just me and him) to go to New York just after Christmas, but unfortunately he couldn't get the great deal he was expecting to get. Back to the drawing board on that little break.

Small went off to school reluctantly. I felt awful sending him because he is obviously not well. However, he has a rock climbing session with the Cubs Tuesday night and there is no way he can go if he's not at school. I thought if he got worse then he could come home, but he said he felt better. He did come home in tears though. Someone in his class (who has never liked him) hid his coat at home time and it took him ages to find it, nearly resulting in missing the bus. He was not happy. He asked me if he could punch him or hide his coat. I said NO, be the bigger person and rise above it. Show him he is not getting to you and get your friends to stick by you - he will soon leave you alone. Hope so anyway.

Smallest and I had breakfast and did a tiny bit of crafting. He coloured in his snowflake and I finished a card I made for a friend. We also managed to tody his bedroom and put all his clothes away. we have We did a bit of washing and drying of clothes and got ourselves ready to go out. It was mild today. A mere 8*. We went to the Thrifty shop - we were looking for an 'ugly Jumper' for Huffle's work as they have a competition mid December. It was shut so we will have to go another day. We popped tooth Post Office and posted a parcel. Then we went on to the supermarket and did a Big Shop. Smallest ate a banana and the end of the fresh bread while waiting for me to pack everything away. There were a few more shops I needed to go in but he was so hungry and tired, we came home. We skyped Moo, put the shopping away, had lunch and then played on the Wii. I also cycled 5.5km. I need to do more tonight as I am not walking every night. Also can't walk tomorrow in the forest as I am waiting for the cooker to arrive and I said I would go into work if it came early enough!

I have booked my car in tomorrow to have it's winter tyres put on so Smallest and I wheeled Huffle's Summer tyres back in the barn and wheeled mine out to the car.

This is Smallest kicking the tyre becuase it kept falling over

Smallest played with the Lego while I sorted the washing, emptied and filled the dishwasher and cleaned a bit and then he had a bath.

We played Rush Hour, a puzzle where you have to move the car out while moving the others. It is quite complicated but Smallest loved it. He was quite good with a few helps! Small came home and got into the bath almost straightaway. The boys had a hot Ribena and Watched a bit of Alice in Wonderland (while Small was in the bath again!).

I made dinner. The boys played on the Wii and we all ate in front of a film when Huffle came home.

 

 

 

No comments: