Friday 21 December 2012

Now Bring Us some Piggy Pudding*

It snowed last night, it rained and then this morning it was snowing again. Moo and the boys took out the recycling. (See the picture of the bag lady?). Last day at school for the boys. After wrapping up Small's secret Santa present, making their breakfast and lunch and packing Smallest up with some goodies for his party, Moo and I made Refrigerator Cake. The Chocolate was very dark, the digestives very sweet and we weren't sure whether the amount of condensed milk was correct. We tried it later. It was very dark and quite bitter but also yummy.

I went off to my knitting group and left Huffle and Moo. Huffle put up the blinds in our bedroom. They look good, he did a good job. Moo wrapped all my presents (and the boys). I knitted and chatted and drank coffee. One of the ladies brought in a Christmas Plate full of homemade cookies all wrapped in pretty cellophane. It was gorgeous and very generous and thoughtful. The shop next door also had my pasta flour in that I ordered so I got that too.

I left full of stuff to carry and popped to the shop and picked up my last present. I drove home. Huffle and Moo were just about to stop for lunch. I was starving. We ate, tried the Chocolate stuff and cleared away. Huffle finished off the blinds. Moo and I got ready to go to school. She was today's Mystery Reader for the Kindergarten class. We chatted to the secretary and then made our way to the class. Today they had a supply teacher in (a man, very rare for Kindergarten). One of Smallest's friends saw me in the corridor and shouted, IT'S SMALLEST'S MOM, SHE'S THE MYSTERY READER. I told them it was Moo and the teacher chatted to us for a while before asking the kids to settle down on the carpet and listen to the story.

Moo was very good. She told them she was English and that she spoke in a different accent to them, just like Smallest did. She read them 'The Pigeon Wants a Puppy' which they thought was very funny.

Then she read 'Not Now Bernard' and finished with Shhhhhh a story about Santa. They sat there open mouthed through the whole lot. They were very well behaved.

We left there and drove to a supermarket and picked up a few essentials. I let Moo push the trolley but she just kept bashing into things. We went to the Consignment shop on the way home and had a look around. There was a lovely coffee table we both liked. If it stays there till March, I will have it, Moo thinks it will go quickly.

We drove home, unpacked the shopping, and I skyped LizzieDotDot while Huffle played with the boys. Moo sorted out her knitting problem and we had a good talk. We are getting the boys to Skype each other in the next couple of days.

Everyone got their outdoor clothes on and we ventured out to Whitby to the Fish and Chip shop about half an hour away. It was wild, sleeting heavily on the way there and snowing like a blizzard on the way back.

The fish and chips were the best we have had here (not better than the lovely old fashioned chip van that parked outside our English House). Moo was a very good girl and ate up all of her fish (her second full fish ever!).

We were not too far from Michaels and I needed some Porcelain Paint to finish the boys Christmas bowls so I persuaded Huffle to take us there. Him and the boys stayed in the car while Moo and I ran in, got what we wanted and ran out again. The boys were very silly all the way home. We played an A-Z guessing game. The drive home was tough. Dark, bright headlamps, blizzarding snow into the windscreen but we got there in the end. The kids watched TV and the Big'uns played table tennis. I also had a go on the Eliptical. Phew, tough work. I could only manage 1.3km, however the basement is really warm.

Moo put the boys to bed. I blogged and Huffle tried to buy presents online. He has been having some little palpitations but is feeling fine. He does not want to follow up his results as he wants to enjoy Christmas and our New York trip. Then if we haven't heard anything, he will badger them until he knows what is happening. He feels that if it was anything bad, they would have got in contact with him straight away.

I wrapped some more presents and then we watched TV, ate naughty stuff and drank Baileys. Ummmmmmmmmmmm.

*In Canada, they don't sing the verse 'now bring us some figgy pudding' in the song we wish you a merry Christmas, Small was telling us today. He has always thought the song said 'now bring us some piggy pudding'. He's the PUDDING!!!!!

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Baileys, chocolate, fish and chips, sounds a tough day! Don't blame Huffle for having Xmas and NY before results, bet he enjoying being at home stress free.....well as stress free as u can be the week before Xmas with Santa on the way. Xx