Monday 30 September 2013

WARNING - this could be a Health Risk

Last night we watched Doc Martin. We watch this via an Americian Internet channel and we have to endure lots of interesting adverts. Clear Teeth Alignment which goes over your teeth and puts them in line without anyone seeing. There is one about Shingles which tells us that everyone who has had chicken pox has the virus inside them and to speak to their Health Advisor (yes I can imagine they will be very happy with that). Dry Eyes - artificial tears but the side effects are burnt eyes, watery eyes, redness, eye pain, itching, blurred vision and they tell you not to poke yourself in the eye. Eyelash Thickener - Apparantly after the age of Forty, our eyelashes start getting less so you can make them thicker. Side effects are hairs grow in other places, colour part of the eye will likely turn brown, eyelids gets darker but may be reversible (then again it may not). Constipation - no apparent side effects but they do like to talk about it a lot. MSRelapse Pills - replaces injections but the side effects are slow heart rate, vision problems, liver and blood pressure problems, diarrhoea. It seems that in North America, if you advertise something of a medical nature, you also have to list all the possible side effects. How anyone ever buys anything is beyond me! Huffle and I have been very entertained by all these adverts.

I dreamt last night that part of our house that we had forgotten about had a theatre. I thought it might be a nice idea to use it to perform our Christmas plays! Anyway we rented it out to someone else because we couldn't afford it. There was a whole other house hidden behind a doorway that we had forgotten about. Ummmmmm. Any ideas?

The boys went to school (I told Smallest to ring home if he felt poorly and he said "I'll use the Canadian word though mummy", I asked what it was and he said "it's sick not poorly"). Huffle went off to work and I waited in for the the cooker man again. 8am to 12 and he arrived at 11:30. Nice man but talked a lot. I was silly enough to tell him I I didn't really understand how the indication Cooker worked and he told me, in great detail YYAAWWWNNNN. He has to come back on Friday to fit some new parts. I insisted he should come in the afternoon and after 1pm. I told him it was my birthday and I think he felt sorry for me so said it would be alright.

I spent all day making wrestling figures out of icing. I skyped Grandma this morning and she tried to help with colour mixing. I skyped Moo this afternoon and told her to get over here and help me but she wouldn't pop over just for the day!! She has a poorly mouth so it was hard to talk.

Don't laugh!

I finished the figures and started on the cake once the cooker man had gone. Two big square Chocolate cakes. One raspberry jelly. One Strawberry Angel delight. 24 small cup cakes with butter icing. A big bowl of Oreo Chocolate icing ready for the cake. A tray of flapjack. Today's work done. Tomorrow I will finish it all after work.

The boys came home and admired my handiwork, played outside, played upstairs and ate their dinner when Huffle got home, before we rushed them off to Beavers and Cubs.

Smallest asked me to take his photo on his own because he didn't like Small doing silly things behind his back and he wanted a serious photo,

Both clubs started at 6:45pm, one was in the Community Hall and one was in the Legion. Once dropped off, Huffle and I went shopping for a '0' candle for the cake and a few bits for the rest of the week. We drove home, put it away and Huffle went off to fetch Smallest who finished at 7:45pm. Huffle was once again asked if he would like to be a leader. NO THANK YOU!! He dropped Smallest home and went to fetch Small.

All the cake bits and bobs were put away safely till tomorrow and the boys up to bed. Small came down because he had a sore throat and did a salt gargle (this time last year he had strep, I don't know if that is worrying him or he is expecting to get it!). He went to bed, then came down again because he had a nose bleed - this time we couldn't blame Uncle Tuc. He bled over his rug and down the stairs. We stopped it and he went to bed. Huffle and I sat down with our tea at 9pm. We like it much better when we sit down at 8pm. Only an hour and we will be in bed, poor old duffers!

4 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

Happy Birthday Small!! Have a great day today. Can't wait to see the finished cake, looking good do far xx

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SMALL*10* TODAY. Have brilliant day. Wish we were at the party with all those lovely cakes. xx

Sarah Tomson said...

Happy Birthday Small hope you have a fab day

Am a little concerned that all the cakes are for your family party, surely you can't possibly eat them all?!

Love the wrestling men and can't wait to see the finished cake, might be really thick here but how do you make Oreo icing? It sounds lovely

x

Anonymous said...

Brilliant wrestling men and a very happy birthday to Small. Hope the sore throat stays away.

Hugs
Brenda